Community discussions

MikroTik App

MyThoughts
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

RB493GAH Ethernet Link/Auto-Negotiation Issues

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:19 pm

We have typically used RB493AH for control routers at our tower sites, and I use them at home/work and at a few business clients. Since the RB493GAH was released our plan was to use them in all our new deployments, as well as upgrade a few locations where we have gigabit capable equipment.

I changed out the board at our test site, as well as my office. We immediately noticed problems. My laptop would only link at 10 Mbps when connected to my PCMCIA Realtek 10/100 nic, but worked fine on my Broadcom 10/100/1000 built-in nic. I upgraded to v5.6 but the problems persisted. I thought it was just the Realtek, so I programmed the board (DHCP server, NAT, routes, etc.). Then I noticed more issues, our Linksys PAP2T voip phone adapter would only link at 10 Mbps half-duplex, an older laptop I use as a Dude client would report a link but would not get an IP address.

I tried forcing devices to the proper speed (disable auto-negotiate) but that resulted in no traffic passing at all. I tested all cables with the broadcom and it always links at 1 Gbps properly. All the devices in question that are having issues link at proper speeds to the old RB493AH as well as our D-Link DGS-1224T.

I ordered 6 x RB493GAH and all of them exhibit this behaviour both with the shipped v4.14 and the newest v5.6.

Is anyone else expierencing any problems like this?

Cheers

soulflyhigh
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RB493GAH Ethernet Link/Auto-Negotiation Issues

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 am

Welcome to the club. Try to downgrade to RouterOS v3.26 .
Weird things happens with ether interfaces on newer versions (both v4.xx and v5.x) .
Good luck :)