Community discussions

MikroTik App

Jirka
just joined
Topic Author

Damaged routerboard after 1 day

Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:18 am

Hi.
I bought RouterBOARD 800, after 1 day and ceased to function. Routerboard was powered through Jack, after 1 day of operation in the source all the burned fuse and has a short circuit at the input jack. Power was a "classic" source transformer with a voltage of 53V max load, under load output voltage is about 48V. I sent this routerboard to dealer, and there I was told that routerboard hight was damaged and that the warranty does not cover it. It was destroyed circuit Q10 no secondary part of the switched power supply. I have a chance this routerboard claim, or already have to change this dealer of RouterBOARD for a new one? Or make switched power supply to powered the routerboard directly :-).

Thank you.

J.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Damaged routerboard after 1 day

Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:12 am

you can't use "classic" transformer, you need to use "switching" power suply.

Jirka
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:00 pm

you can't use "classic" transformer, you need to use "switching" power suply.
I'm sorry to correct: the transformer with rectifier and filter capacitor - just classic adapter, what is life for many years. We use this anywhere on our network (about 30 APs), and yet we have no a similar problem. Life of Switched power sourcesis 2-3 years only.

J.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:56 pm

we do offer repair services for out-of-warranty items, or you can contact the seller and ask them for help, they have guides how to solve such problems