Community discussions

MikroTik App

aarmstrong
just joined
Topic Author

3 750g routers that aren't responding-port 2 light dimly on

Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi there. I have 3 out of 30 750g's that are doing weird things. Two are spares and one was working, I sent it to a client, and then it stopped working before they even plugged it in.

Nothing happens when you connect a network cable to it. The only light that is on is PWR. The ACT light doesn't blink and none of hte port lights blink. If I plug in a cable into *any* port, the lights on the top of the router that show activity, port 2 and 4 lights become very dimly lit and don't blink. If i remove the network cable, the port 2 & 4 lights on top stay dimly lit for about 5 seconds after its unplugged. It doesn't respond on the management port, I've tried a system reset, I've tried different network cables-other ones light up but these dont. I can't connect to it on any port-as none of the lights light up-it isn't responding.

Its got ancient OS on it (3.0 of some variation) but I have 27 other ones on 3.0 that are working fine.

Anyone ever seen this?
Thanks.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: 3 750g routers that aren't responding-port 2 light dimly

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi there. I have 3 out of 30 750g's that are doing weird things. Two are spares and one was working, I sent it to a client, and then it stopped working before they even plugged it in.

Nothing happens when you connect a network cable to it. The only light that is on is PWR. The ACT light doesn't blink and none of hte port lights blink. If I plug in a cable into *any* port, the lights on the top of the router that show activity, port 2 and 4 lights become very dimly lit and don't blink. If i remove the network cable, the port 2 & 4 lights on top stay dimly lit for about 5 seconds after its unplugged. It doesn't respond on the management port, I've tried a system reset, I've tried different network cables-other ones light up but these dont. I can't connect to it on any port-as none of the lights light up-it isn't responding.

Its got ancient OS on it (3.0 of some variation) but I have 27 other ones on 3.0 that are working fine.

Anyone ever seen this?
Thanks.
Bad board. Look at the capacitors. If they are swollen, you can replace them and fix it.