Community discussions

MikroTik App

sovereignty68
just joined
Topic Author

RB450 DHCP Client stopped working on 5.11

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:09 am

I recently upgraded it to 5.11, DHCP client was able to receive IP address from my ISP via cable modem. Internet was working fine, until I hit the release button. Now the router is stuck at "searching...". I disabled everything, reset everything to default configuration, DHCP still couldn't get it receive any IP. My ISP is Charter and cable modem is SB6120. Does anyone else have same problem?

GaryC
just joined

Re: RB450 DHCP Client stopped working on 5.11

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:42 am

Hi

Yes, I am experiencing a similar issue.

Upgraded to 5.11 and am now unable to get an IP address via DHCP.

I am using an RB411 with two wireless cards, the second is in station mode and is set as a DHCP client. When I connect to my AP I remain at "Status: searching...". I know that the requests are being broadcast as I used the sniffer to see them. I also know that the DHCP server is working as it is giving addresses to other clients (both wired and wireless through the same AP).

The odd thing though is that if I connect to another AP which itself is a DHCP server I get an address. The only difference I can see is that in the first scenario the request is not handled by the AP but by another DHCP on the LAN.

Not sure what to try next but may see if I can revert to an older version.

sovereignty68
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:02 am

Hi

Yes, I am experiencing a similar issue.

Upgraded to 5.11 and am now unable to get an IP address via DHCP.

I am using an RB411 with two wireless cards, the second is in station mode and is set as a DHCP client. When I connect to my AP I remain at "Status: searching...". I know that the requests are being broadcast as I used the sniffer to see them. I also know that the DHCP server is working as it is giving addresses to other clients (both wired and wireless through the same AP).

The odd thing though is that if I connect to another AP which itself is a DHCP server I get an address. The only difference I can see is that in the first scenario the request is not handled by the AP but by another DHCP on the LAN.

Not sure what to try next but may see if I can revert to an older version.
I found a workaround to my problem:

1) Disconnect modem from RB450, then connect modem to another router
2) Reboot the modem, wait for it to assign an IP to the router (30 sec)
3) Reconnect modem to RB450
4) Power cycle RB450, wait for the system completely powered up
5) Power cycle the modem

DHCP Client is able to obtain an IP from modem again.

sovereignty68
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:25 am

Our internet just stopped working because of ISP's DHCP IP renewal, had to do the reboot method again. Its very inconvenient. Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Here's the information about my modem
Model Name: SB6120
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB6120-1.0.2.4-SCM01-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot 1.0.0.4m1
Hardware Version: 3.0
Firmware Build Time: Nov 24 2009 19:46:23