Community discussions

MikroTik App

davestewart
just joined
Topic Author

RB1100ahx2 switch functionality

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:05 am

I have purchased my first RB1100ahx2 in hopes of using the switch functionality and assigning multiple addresses (and subnets) to the switch and multiple ports. I need all of the interfaces to be operating at 1Gbps. I have 50Mbs coming in, however I have followed the link below and all traffic is limited to 10Mbs. I have assigned ether1 as the master for ether 2-5. This works fine. I can assign addresses, dhcp server and hotspot to ether1 and everything works over multiple links (switch functionality). However, even though I have interfaces ether 1-5 all set to 1Gps and auto negotiate, ether1 is limited to 10Mbs. The graphs and traffic monitoring support that this is actually being limited. How can I use the on board switch, and get at least 1Gps for the switch, if not 1Gbps per interface?

I have been trying to work with support via email and the responses have not been helpful in any way. Please help!
Thank you,
Dave

nickshore
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: RB1100ahx2 switch functionality

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:56 am

Is your internet connection connected to ether1 ? What sort of connection is it ? cable ? pppoe ?

Nick.

davestewart
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB1100ahx2 switch functionality

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 pm

It is connected to ether3, which is has ether1 set as it's master. I am trying to use the switch functionality of the board per the link below. The master port is being limited to 10M. I am using a load balanced connection with cable and a T1 (soon to be two cable modems and a DSL).

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Sw ... p_Features

Thanks for your help with this