Community discussions

MikroTik App

jow01
just joined
Topic Author

Cannot Reset SXT

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi

I have a SXT G-5HnD that I just cannot get to reset. I have tried holding the reset button while the power is off, powering on and waiting till the led flashes. I have also tried the screw driver on the Config Reset hole on the board. Both make no difference and the unit remains totally unresponsive.

Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong or what I could try?

Thanks

Darren

cbrown
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Cannot Reset SXT

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Did you try the screw driver in the reset hole the same as you did the button by shorting it with the power off and leaving it shorted while you apply power? If you can't get either of the two reset options to work you could try to netinstall.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall

jow01
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Yes I've tried the screw driver reset and nothing. I get loads of little beeps then a single beep.

I've Tried the Netinstall but it does not detect either of the SXT's that I have

Boter
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:12 pm

I have the same problem! Anyone solved that?

Blue-Sky
just joined

Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:01 pm

hi to all,

try this:

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Password_reset

scew driver reset...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:34 pm

why just don't push reset button wile it starts? worked for me...

Blue-Sky
just joined

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:33 am

I do not think that is a hard reset...

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:58 am

I have had SXTs that are "impossible" to reset. In all cases, I succeeded after trying a number of differently-shaped tools to press against the reset pads. It is NOT easy to get absolutely flat contact on these pads. Today, I had one that would not respond to a Phillips screwdriver, a flat screwdriver, or a nail file, but responded to the back end of an 11/64 drill bit.

Remove the POE plug, press the right tool against the pads as perpendicular to the surface as possible, and hold it while you plug the POE back in. If you hear the "skritchy" chirp, you won. If you hear the normal chirp, try it again.

acosa
just joined

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Works. :)
Thanks.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:48 am

Since almost all modern MikroTIks have an actual micro button now for this feature, I haven't had to use the contact pads in a long time. Just hold the button in while you apply power and wait for the LEDs to blink. If you release the button while the unit is blinking, you reset the configuration to default. If you hold it until the unit stops blinking (24 times) and then release it, the unit goes into netinstall mode. This is so much easier now.

bniknafs
just joined

Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:10 am

hi , i have sort of the same problem , my RB SXT 5hpnd r2 is sort of bricked and i can't access it from down here and i need help ASAP . \netinstall didn't help

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:23 pm

hi , i have sort of the same problem , my RB SXT 5hpnd r2 is sort of bricked and i can't access it from down here and i need help ASAP . \netinstall didn't help
"Down here?" Is your SXT up in a tower? Netinstall isn't going to do anything for a bricked device unless you hold the reset button on powerup, which means you have to physically get it down.