MikroTik App

maxstel
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

OmniTIK and PoE out

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:20 am

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to understand how this feature work...
We have some OmniTIK UPA-5HnD and we want to connect some other RB (750 and/or SXT) to PoE out ether ports.
Fist of all I've upgraded OmniTIK from 5.8 to 5.15 because in winbox the "PoE Out" option was not present.
After OmniTIK reboot the connected SXT (connected on port 4) has been powered up, but the "PoE Out" option on ethernet 4 was "off".
I've plugged the same SXT on eth port 5 but it doesn't get power. I've change the "PoE Out" option from off to on or auto, but nothing happened. Same thing on the other eth (2, 3). Magically, on eth4 PoE out works despite the "PoE Out" option (doesn't matter if is on or off or auto... It works).
After some attempts I've been able to use PoE on every port (I had to unplug the power to OmniTIK), but how the "red light" on the back works?
With 1 PoE device connected (always the same SXT):
connected to port 2 - port 2 green, port 5 red
connected to port 3 - port 3 green, port 4 red
connected to port 4 - port 4 green and red (I think this one is the correct option)
connected to port 5 - port 5 green, port 2 red

Can please some one explain me if this behavior is ok?
Thanks everybody!

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: OmniTIK and PoE out

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:09 pm

poe-out indicating reverse LED order is not ok, however there nothing can be done to fix that as these leds are hard wired thought the PCB.

However we will have soon new firmware for poe-out controller and that will bring port monitoring within RouterOS, so LEDs will become redundant.

maxstel
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Re: OmniTIK and PoE out

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:16 pm

poe-out indicating reverse LED order is not ok, however there nothing can be done to fix that as these leds are hard wired thought the PCB.

However we will have soon new firmware for poe-out controller and that will bring port monitoring within RouterOS, so LEDs will become redundant.
Oooook! Thank you Master Janis! ;)