Community discussions

MikroTik App

pemiva
just joined
Topic Author

RX-SXT Error whit WinBox

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Greetings to all fellow members. I hope someone can help me.
When I try to access the RB-SXTwith WinBox, I get the error "Could not connet to XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (port 20561) - timed out!.
I think it's because I deleted the IP address of the ethernet door.
You can do a factory defaults with no access physically to the computer?. It is in a tower high and difficult to access.
Thank you very much.

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RX-SXT Error whit WinBox

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:36 am

do You know the coorect mac adress? Removed discovery from ether1? (bridge?)

If You just know the mac address, it should be possible to access with mac-telnet regardless of ip, discovery etc.

mrEllis
just joined

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:23 am

I received my 2 new SXT 5HPnDs today. I followed the instructions at http://www.wispforum.net/entry.php?5-Ho ... ode-Part-I.

I also ran into the same issue, once configured i could not get winBOX to connect to either of my SXTs, with the error "Could not connet to XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (port 20561) - timed out!" when trying to connect via mac.. there was another error for IP. i could still connect via telnet and ssh... until i tried to change the IP and got disconnected (oops!). I did a factory reset on both SXTs via the reset button and started the process again.

after the reset, i could reconnect winbox again via mac. the initial screen that came up asked if i wanted to erase the config, i chose to delete the inital config instead of just clicking ok. once completing the configuration again, i still have winbox acess.

hope that helps.

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:17 am

If u put ether 1 in bridge, you have to connect to the bridge mac address. Also put discover=yes to bridge.

mrEllis
just joined

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:32 pm

i am assuming that they were still discoverable because i was using the MACs that come up in the winbox drop down when i click it. if the devices were off, the list was empty, when i turn them on, the list has MACs... so it seems winbox was able to discover the mac addresses, but would still give me the error "Could not connet to XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (port 20561) - timed out!"

at any rate, my issue was resolved by system reset via the button, and erase of the initial config.