Community discussions

MikroTik App

ners
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: CLOUD CORE ROUTER

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Is the inability to queue more than 500 Mbit/s in any plans to be fixed? Right now we have to maintain 5 CCRs 1036 to process about 2Gb/sec of shaped PPPoE traffic (350 Mbit/s each) :-/

infused

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:00 pm

Just read the new newsletter.

Are dual power supplies planned for the 36 core router? If so, when is it due? I don't really want to down grade. But it's always bugged me the 'carrier' router never had dual PSU's.
Very useful information about CCR is available here:
http://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/RU14/megis.pdf
Thank you. This is fantastic stuff. Where can we find more of this sort of thing? I highly suggest this is more visible to people like us browsing the forums. It actually answered a lot of my questions.
Come to the MUM, that is what it's for :)
I am in New Zealand... not quite possible lol :D Maybe the next one in Australia.

ffernandes
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 07, 2014 9:50 pm

will this sfp work great with ccr?
it was supplied by the carrier...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Tue May 20, 2014 3:19 am

Not sure about that specific model, but we have used FiberXion SFPs in 2011s and CCRs without issue.

Leo72

Tue May 20, 2014 11:13 am

Hello all

since yesterday I am using (in production environment) a CCR1016-12G with 6.13, as BGP router connected to two peers

anybody else using a CCR as BGP router, with a recent build, can report that the initial issues had been solved? I am a bit worried... since in the first four months of 2014 we tried several 6.x builds, and with most of them BGP was not error-free (the router crashed suddendly and needed a power cycling to restart; we have two other CCRs in production, without BGP, and they all have several months uptime with no issue at all)

Leo

paulsa

Tue May 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Hello all

since yesterday I am using (in production environment) a CCR1016-12G with 6.13, as BGP router connected to two peers

anybody else using a CCR as BGP router, with a recent build, can report that the initial issues had been solved? I am a bit worried... since in the first four months of 2014 we tried several 6.x builds, and with most of them BGP was not error-free (the router crashed suddendly and needed a power cycling to restart; we have two other CCRs in production, without BGP, and they all have several months uptime with no issue at all)

Leo
+1

We were also running a CCR1036 (V6.7, then V6.10) - three sfp's running bgp and vlans to our international/local/peering links. Running fine for months then all of a sudden router reboots multiple times with no real indication in the logs. Tried another CCR, different power, copied config, new config, new SFP's, only one SFP and bgp running on one fibre link - same issue. Sent support files to Mikrotik. Eventually we had to pull it out our DC and use our Cisco 7200 for running BGP and out CCR's for OSPF/Firewall/etc for our internal network. Haven't had an issue since.

However we are wanting to move back onto our CCR's for BGP though we are hesitant to.

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Tue May 20, 2014 7:35 pm

What did CPU utilization for BGP look like during these outages?

paulsa

Tue May 20, 2014 7:42 pm

What did CPU utilization for BGP look like during these outages?
I suspect it was this however it happened so quickly we could not check in real time. Our ccr usually ran at around 4-5%, however on the cacti graphs before a reboot I could see it hitting 70%. I know in V6 bgp is not multicore....

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Tue May 20, 2014 7:49 pm

Just out of curiosity, could you share your watchdog settings?

paulsa

Tue May 20, 2014 8:52 pm

Just out of curiosity, could you share your watchdog settings?
Sure :)

system watchdog print
watch-address: none
watchdog-timer: yes
no-ping-delay: 5m
automatic-supout: yes
auto-send-supout: no

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Tue May 20, 2014 9:12 pm

So the reboots were probably being caused by watchdog due to BGP or maybe other CPU utilization...we found in several instances of troubleshooting CCRs that even if all of the other cores are lightly utilized, one core staying pegged at 100% for more than about 30 - 45 seconds usually triggers watchdog reboots.

If you are able to use one router as a test, it would be worth disabling this feature and see what your stability looks like. Just change the watchdog-timer to no

nysolutions
just joined

Fri May 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Thanks for the information, I am shopping for a low cost router for my new colo space, I ordered 2 100MB connections and will use BPG. I was debating using the Cloud router however I need something 100% stable. The other products I was looking at was either a Ubiquiti Edgemax Pro, A pfsence box, or getting a used Cisco or Juniper router on ebay.

nysolutions
just joined

Sat May 24, 2014 2:00 am

I would appreciate if you can confirm if BGP is working successfully after turning off the watchdog, I need to make a decision for a router for my new colo space. I have 2 providers with a 100MB BGP link to each. I am considering the Cloud Router, Ubiquiti's Edgemax PRO, Pfsence, or a used Cisco or Juniper router.

Leo72

Sat May 24, 2014 2:11 am

we never enabled a watchdog on any MT router

should I do it, on the bgp ccr?

can I safely assume that, if I enable watchdog, next time that the ccr will have a BIG problem, it will reboot by itself, instead of crashing and needing somebody run there to power cycle it?

of course, I would be happier, if MT has sorted things out and with RC13 has already solved this issue; I am an optimistic person; I like to risk... actually I have already ordered one more ccr, a brand new CCR1016-12S-1S+, and would like to use it as our main bgp router :-|

paulsa

Sat May 24, 2014 11:58 am

we never enabled a watchdog on any MT router

should I do it, on the bgp ccr?

can I safely assume that, if I enable watchdog, next time that the ccr will have a BIG problem, it will reboot by itself, instead of crashing and needing somebody run there to power cycle it?

of course, I would be happier, if MT has sorted things out and with RC13 has already solved this issue; I am an optimistic person; I like to risk... actually I have already ordered one more ccr, a brand new CCR1016-12S-1S+, and would like to use it as our main bgp router :-|
It's a tough one. Our CCR for BGP is also in our DC which is around 15min car drive from our office. We were originally running one CCR for OSPF, BGP, firewall rules, queues, natting etc which I think was our issue. Though it ran fine for +- 5 months like this. All of a sudden we were getting random reboots to an extent that it would reboot 10-15 times a day. We pulled the CCR out, put a new one in, copied config - same issue. We thought there may be a short in one of the cables comming from the roof of the DC to some of our antennas so we redid the cabling - same issue. Decided new config was need, disabled all config that was "bloat" - same issue. Swapped the SFP's - same issue. Ran BGP only on one SFP instead of three vlans over two SFP's - same issue. Eventually we decided to remove BGP off the CCR and revert to our unused Cisco7200 which we used when there was no such thing as a CCR. This ran fine for 2months. So diagnosed the issue was with BGP and the CPU which was backed up by our cacti graphs showing spikes before a reboot.

Today we decided to give the CCR another try as it is an awsome piece of hardware, and the price cannot be argued with. We are expanding so either pay $$$$$$$ for another more powerful cisco or go back to the CCR.

We are now running two CCR's. One for BGP only and the other running all other config. So far it has been up two hours without a problem, 0% cpu usage. Will continue to monitor. And yes, watchdog is turned off.

otgooneo
Trainer
Trainer

Tue May 27, 2014 6:07 am

Hi paulsa,

What is your latest result?

paulsa

Tue May 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi paulsa,

What is your latest result?
So far so good, touch wood :)

system resource print
uptime: 3d2h16m25s
version: 6.13
build-time: May/15/2014 16:03:12
free-memory: 3642.8MiB
total-memory: 3969.0MiB
cpu: tilegx
cpu-count: 36
cpu-frequency: 1200MHz
cpu-load: 0%
free-hdd-space: 904.6MiB
total-hdd-space: 1024.0MiB
architecture-name: tile
board-name: CCR1036-12G-4S
platform: MikroTik

whoknew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 28, 2014 10:59 pm

keep us posted paulsa.

paulsa

Thu May 29, 2014 3:23 pm

keep us posted paulsa.
No issues so far.

system resource print
uptime: 5d5h19m14s
build-time: May/15/2014 16:03:12

whoknew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 30, 2014 2:38 am

So v6.13 seems stable? Anyone using a hotspot with usermanager? Anyone using PCC and needing to use allow remote dns use?

ffernandes
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat May 31, 2014 1:54 am

lo there...
anyone else getting rx drops in the vlan from internet provider???
mine doesn't stop counting :(

Begetan
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:51 am

Thanks for the information, I am shopping for a low cost router for my new colo space, I ordered 2 100MB connections and will use BPG. I was debating using the Cloud router however I need something 100% stable. The other products I was looking at was either a Ubiquiti Edgemax Pro, A pfsence box, or getting a used Cisco or Juniper router on ebay.
I suggest you to use RB1100AHx2 for this. This device is absolutelly stable - I got uptime more than 1 year for it with one Full BGP table for ROS 5.x and traffic up to 300M.

enc
just joined

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:12 pm

So v6.13 seems stable? Anyone using a hotspot with usermanager? Anyone using PCC and needing to use allow remote dns use?
in 6.13 vpn implementation is far from stable. so if you Need this you have to use an older version. the most stable until now is 6.7 (at least for my usecase)

ddd
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:18 am

Definitely stability issues, Looks like we have to pull them from production and I'm not sure I trust them enough to deploy them again in the future.

We use the CCR as a access concentrator, converting EoIP to vlans. When under load (~100Mbit) it randomly crashes and needs a reboot to get access back.
Tried all different versions - 6.7, 6.11 and 6.13

Our redundant concentrator running 4.17 on a RB1000 has been working perfectly for years.

Kreacher

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:25 pm

@ddd
Our redundant concentrator running 4.17 on a RB1000 has been working perfectly for years.
It is even the same deal with this in my eyes!
If they (MikroTik) is not inserting many new features the half of the crowd is crying loud,
and if all this fine things find their way in RouterOS and there are some failures or issues
the rest of the crowed is crying loud! And what to do now if you don´t want to loose clients?

-Would the way UBNT was going the right thing?
Fiddle out all things and then delivering the CCR Series
-Is this way the right one? But I really thing they (MikroTik) will never be able to test out
all different situations and set ups their clients are using and having installed in the field.
So less features, options and functions should be the goal?
Last edited by Kreacher on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leo72

Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:06 pm

in our case, UNTIL NOW, 6.13 seems stable, when used as BGP router; uptime 9 days

Kreacher

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:54 pm

in our case, UNTIL NOW, 6.13 seems stable, when used as BGP router; uptime 9 days
Thank you for sharing this information with us!

paulsa

Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:56 am

Yup, V6.13 seems stable for BGP

BGP CCR] > system resource print
uptime: 1w4d1h53m22s

enc
just joined

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:56 pm

@ddd
It is even the same deal with this in my eyes!
If they (MikroTik) is not inserting many new features the half of the crowd is crying loud,
and if all this fine things find their way in RouterOS and there are some failures or issues
the rest of the crowed is crying loud! And what to do now if you don´t want to loose clients?

-Would the way UBNT was going the right thing?
Fiddle out all things and then delivering the CCR Series
-Is this way the right one? But I really thing they (MikroTik) will never be able to test out
all different situations and set ups their clients are using and having installed in the field.
So less features, options and functions should be the goal?

In my opiniion sorting out major bugs has the highest priority and comes long before adding features. the situation now is that ccr is not usable in production because every new update that should solve some anoying bugs intruduces new bugs you have to work around. and it doesnot seem to get a lot better over time.

we are using the ccr as firewall and we used it as vpn accesspoint. i had to do the vpn an another linux-box because we couldnot get it stable enough. we have e really simple environment and the system is far from stable

Kreacher

Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Hello enc,
In my opiniion sorting out major bugs has the highest priority and comes long before adding features.
For the other versions of RouterOS, likes x86, MIPSBE and PPC it would be right, I consider
to this point really. But along with the Tilera hardware some hardware support is given that is
not present at the other platforms, likes the encryption support and why now the hardware
encryption support should not be activated or should be inserted?

You need a vpn concentrator, let us imagine MikroTik is not using the capabilities
given by the TileGx hardware. What you think, how it will need that exact you are asking
here in the forum when the MiCA engine is used by the ROS code! But it is not really
a brand new feature, vpn support was also given in the other RouterOS versions, in that
direction I was meaning to insert new features.
the situation now is that ccr is not usable in production because every new update that should solve some anoying bugs intruduces new bugs you have to work around. and it doesnot seem to get a lot better over time.
Ok right and this was my question to the user ddd, should they do it like UBNT was doing
(selling only if the router is stable)
or should MikroTik sell then the router likes the situation now?
(sell it and let help enough peoples help them)

And I also really can´t think that MikroTik will be able to test first all the
different situations and RouterOS given features, options and functions.

ddd
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:20 am

If a product is not fit for purpose then it shouldn't be sold.

In the case of the CCR it seems its only stable under certain configurations. I believe it would be best to release a cut back version of the firmware that only allows tested and stable configuration / packages.
If a user wants to unlock the full feature set they can do so at their own risk.

The current stability issues are going it very difficult to trust these routers again.

Kreacher

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:44 am

Thanks ddd for a so fast answer back to me!
Ok quick and dirty, but the true, that was exactly what I personally want to know.
If a user wants to unlock the full feature set they can do so at their own risk.
But this is a nearly unclear answer and on top in the total other direction, why?

If I know this is not productions ready device why the hell I should put it in the production?
So since the CCR series was sold by MikroTik, the whole staff of them was speaking out and writing down that the hardware is ready, but the RouterOS version isn´t ready for productive usage!
The current stability issues are going it very difficult to trust these routers again.
For sure I consider, this could be a risk for MikroTik but if they get this device ready to work
and using all hardware given capabilities it becomes a self selling status with no more extra
promotion is needed we will see what is going on with this survey.

enc
just joined

Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:28 pm

In the case of the CCR it seems its only stable under certain configurations. I believe it would be best to release a cut back version of the firmware that only allows tested and stable configuration / packages.

in my opinion the problem is the release cycle where they mix up versions with new features with bugfixes.
i would like to see a 6.7.10 for example. 6.7 was stable, compared to the next versions and they should have fixed the bugs there and released some minor-minor version until 6.7.x is stable.

parallel to that i wouldnt have a problem if they released 6.8.x with the new hardware-acceleration,... features. they could have their time to get thos version stable and could also continue to support the 6.7.x train and make it more free of bugs.

so everybody would be happy and this plan would take some pressure from the development team to finally get out the "one first stable version" quickly.

Kreacher

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:07 pm

in my opinion the problem is the release cycle where they mix up versions with new features with bugfixes.
i would like to see a 6.7.10 for example. 6.7 was stable, compared to the next versions and they should have fixed the bugs there and released some minor-minor version until 6.7.x is stable.
I really respect your mind and I also must consider in some points, but not all as I want to say also.
Do you means something like this "Version 6.(major release) Subversion 7 (minor release)
Revision -10 (patch level) Build -15 (Build number)" ? An then version and subversion are stable
and patch level for new features and build number for bug fixes or something similar like this?
so everybody would be happy and this plan would take some pressure from the development team to finally get out the "one first stable version" quickly.
And this is the part I can´t consider to you, related to the circumstance that a
first stable version with only the half activated feature set offered by RouterOS
or in other words without all from RouterOS given options and functions, only to
tell the whole public, "we have now the first reallystable release!"

Leo72

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:34 pm

Hello all

we changed hardware; we are now using the CCR1016-12S-1S+ as BGP router (still w/ 6.13)

two 300Mbps peers; acting only as border gateway (we have a separate CCR for NAT and a 3rd one for bw shaping)

until now, no issue with bgp, finally

uptime 10d and counting, let's hope we'll see 30d too

until now I did not risk to upgrade to 6.14

go Mikrotik go ! :-)

enc
just joined

Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:58 pm

And this is the part I can´t consider to you, related to the circumstance that a
first stable version with only the half activated feature set offered by RouterOS
or in other words without all from RouterOS given options and functions, only to
But with this strategy i can decide if there is a stable Version with the Features i Need and if so i got to the shop an buy a MikroTik-router. otherwise i can always decide to take the risk of a Version with more features, but not so stable.

now i dont have the choice.

Kreacher

Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:49 pm

But with this strategy i can decide if there is a stable Version with the Features i Need and if so i got to the shop an buy a MikroTik-router. otherwise i can always decide to take the risk of a Version with more features, but not so stable.

now i dont have the choice.
Absolutely sure, I consider this is right! For us both or some peoples this would be perhaps
the best, but we both are not MikroTik and from their point of view it is not so easy
in my opinion!

In my opinion they (MikroTik) will be even in a trap, either want they are doing!!!!
- They don´t sell it and all peoples running amok to get the hands on this device.
- They sell it and the other crowed is running wild because it is not really production ready.

- They sell it by their own and only from Latvia and all peoples know the status of the RouterOS
for this device at first, but all the distributors are running wild or amok.
- They sell it over the distributors and all customers get not at first the information about the
status from the RouterOS version for the TileGx platform.

- They focusing at first only the RouterOS version for the entire CCR series and all other customers
are running wild and being very "pissed" of not available fixes and new functions for the other
RouterOS versions for all other devices.
- They let step-by-step growing all different versions for all platforms and the owners
of the CCR routers are very angry about the lame running progress of this ROS version.

So what should MikroTik do right now to fit all the needs of all their customers?

ibm

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:01 pm

I have a very big problem with my CCR1009 with ROS 6.15, I prefix that I've bought it now so I test only with 6.12 and 6.15 but the problem persists.
The situation is this:
-ether1 with subnet 192.168.88.1/24
-ether2 with subnet 192.168.0.5/24
If a connect 2PC or router on the 2 different subnet I can't access the other subnet and I can't also ping.
The conf is very simply and with my rb951 work good with all versione of ros inclused 6.15.

/ip address
add address=192.168.88.1/24 interface=ether1 network=192.168.88.0
add address=192.168.0.5/24 interface=ether2 network=192.168.0.0
/ip dhcp-client
add default-route-distance=0 dhcp-options=hostname,clientid disabled=no \
interface=ether5
/ip firewall nat
add action=masquerade chain=srcnat out-interface=ether5 src-address=\
192.168.88.0/24
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tet
just joined

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:51 pm

ibm, I think you forgot to set default gateway as CCR in both of your PC.

Belgarion186
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:57 pm

I have a very big problem with my CCR1009 with ROS 6.15, I prefix that I've bought it now so I test only with 6.12 and 6.15 but the problem persists.
The situation is this:
If a connect 2PC or router on the 2 different subnet I can't access the other subnet and I can't also ping.
The conf is very simply and with my rb951 work good with all versione of ros inclused 6.15.
My CCR1009 is working great with 3 different subnets ... 1 on the bridge linking ether1-4 as switch group + ether 5 & 6 bonded for LACP + SFP+, ether 7 and 8 have their own subnets, with ether 8 actually leading to another router as backup WAN. Primary WAN (500Mbps symmetrical fibre) is on SFP.

I'm not sure how you configure your CCR1009 but perhaps you can try putting the 2nd subnet on the non-switch group (i.e. ether 5 to 8 ).

ibm

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:12 pm

The situation is this:
My CCR1009 is working great with 3 different subnets ... 1 on the bridge linking ether1-4 as switch group + ether 5 & 6 bonded for LACP + SFP+, ether 7 and 8 have their own subnets, with ether 8 actually leading to another router as backup WAN. Primary WAN (500Mbps symmetrical fibre) is on SFP.

I'm not sure how you configure your CCR1009 but perhaps you can try putting the 2nd subnet on the non-switch group (i.e. ether 5 to 8 ).
I've already tried to do this, so I don't know what's the problem.
What ROS version and firmware do you have?

Belgarion186
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:15 pm

I've already tried to do this, so I don't know what's the problem.
What ROS version and firmware do you have?
ROS 6.15 / Firmware 3.13.

Previously was on ROS 6.12 & 6.13 w/o issue too.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:35 pm

look at traceroute from both sides

ibm

Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Traceroute to the other subnet stop on the first hop on both side.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:49 pm

I would check firewalls on both PCs: Windows Firewall blocks ICMP not from local subnet at least in WinXP, for example

you can check with Tools -> Torch on both interfaces - I'm sure, there are packets received and transmitted :)

ibm

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:27 pm

I would check firewalls on both PCs: Windows Firewall blocks ICMP not from local subnet at least in WinXP, for example

you can check with Tools -> Torch on both interfaces - I'm sure, there are packets received and transmitted :)
The firewall are disabled on every device.
In the screen 192.168.8.253 is a PC and 192.168.0.250 is a ATA so running a http server on port 80.
Both in the first and the second screen I tried to reach the ata web gui from the 192.168.88.253 PC.

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:22 pm

This really should have been in a separate thread.

What is the default gateway on the 192.168.88.253 PC?

What is the default gateway on the 192.168.0.250 ATA?

Can the PC ping 192.168.0.5?

ibm

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:12 am

This really should have been in a separate thread.

What is the default gateway on the 192.168.88.253 PC?

What is the default gateway on the 192.168.0.250 ATA?

Can the PC ping 192.168.0.5?
The default gateway of PC is 192.168.88.1, the ata has no gateway set like the other routerboard that I tried instead of the ata I put
/ip address
add address=192.168.0.251 interface=ether2 network=192.168.0.0

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:37 am

On the 192.168.0.251 mikrotik,
/ip route
add gateway=192.168.0.5
If the 192.168.0.0/24 hosts don't know how to get back to 192.168.88.0/24, how can they respond to pings and traceroutes and web requests from devices in 192.168.88.0/24 or any other non-192.168.0.0/24 hosts?

ibm

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:23 am

/ip route
add gateway=192.168.0.5
If the 192.168.0.0/24 hosts don't know how to get back to 192.168.88.0/24, how can they respond to pings and traceroutes and web requests from devices in 192.168.88.0/24 or any other non-192.168.0.0/24 hosts?
I forgotten the gateway :shock:
So now I added it and from the mikrotik 951 (192.168.0.251/24) I can reach the ccr1009 192.168.0.5 but not 192.168.88.0/24.
From the ccr1009 (precisely 192.168.88.1) I can't reach 192.168.0.251 despite I added the rule add distance=1 gateway=192.168.0.251
Perhaps is needed static routing indirect?

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Is there a 192.168.88.0/24 IP address, or IP route on the 951?

did you set the default gw on your ata?

ibm

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:00 pm

The ata now work because I set in it gateway 192.168.0.5 but in the 951 there are no route to 192.168.88.0 subnet and no ip in that subnet.

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:19 pm

/ip route
add gateway=192.168.0.5
So now I added it and from the mikrotik 951 (192.168.0.251/24) I can reach the ccr1009 192.168.0.5 but not 192.168.88.0/24.
From the ccr1009 (precisely 192.168.88.1) I can't reach 192.168.0.251 despite I added the rule
add distance=1 gateway=192.168.0.251
Now that I'm on a real screen and not the smartphone...

According to what you wrote, you told the 951 that it was its own default gateway. Set the gateway to 192.168.0.5.

infused

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:13 am

I'm pretty critical of Mikrtotiks firmware and the CCR.

However.

I've been running my CCR in production since December 24th, 2012 on what was then v6RC6.

I'm still sitting on 6.3. It's pretty stable for us.

Not excusing Mikrotik, but you need to test your configurations.

ibm

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:38 am

/ip route
add gateway=192.168.0.5
From the ccr1009 (precisely 192.168.88.1) I can't reach 192.168.0.251 despite I added the rule
add distance=1 gateway=192.168.0.251
Now that I'm on a real screen and not the smartphone...

According to what you wrote, you told the 951 that it was its own default gateway. Set the gateway to 192.168.0.5.
If I set gateway 192.168.0.5 on rb951 it says me reachable but I can't reach 192.168.88.1.
I can reach 192.168.0.5 but it is reachable also if I not add any the default gateway 192.168.0.5

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Then you have something else wrong with the 951. The Cloud Core is passing traffic correctly for the ATA. You should look through the configs of the 951 to find your problem. It is probably somewhere under /ip firewall. At this point, it is really off-topic for this thread.

swtguy2005
just joined

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:01 am

i have purchase the ccr-1036 12G 4S and are in need of step by step configuration ether by using winbox or webconfig. I can connect to the router using winbox but yet to connect using webconfig. The default ip address (192.168.88.1) does not work for me, is that the right one or is there another? My aim is to use this router to run a wireless ISP, with Ubiquiti Rocket M2 Titanium 2.4GHz Powerful 2x2 MIMO airMAX BaseStation (RM2-TI)

I really could use some experience professional help.

Thanks

simpl3x
just joined

Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:09 am

We recently purchased another ccr-1036. It worked in production 2 days, and then we see this:
1. When connected to any of the device ports we can not connect to it through wibnobx\ssh\telnet.
2. LCD screen shows that port without a link, although there is indication on the port and a graph of the incoming packets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyHqfhC0KI0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZCQRxayBVc

NicolBolas
just joined

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for detailed implementation information for the Tilera architecture.

Basically, while considering CCRs as candidates to offload some tasks from Cisco and Juniper boxes, we'd like to get some deterministic scales based on the number of cores involved in each and avery bare-metal-implemented feature.

Which features are implemented on bare tiles ? How many tiles per feature's scalability (i.e. core per x thousand L2TP session, core per y Gbps of switched or sampled traffic, etc...) ? Is there a dynamic ressource allocator or is it hardcoded ? If dynamic, how to proritize when oversubscribing ?

Thanks !

roadracer96
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:23 am

You really love to hear yourself talk don't you. Just buy one and find out. 900 bucks is always I the budget when you are talking about replacing 5 and 10k devices.

Kreacher

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for detailed implementation information for the Tilera architecture.
I think really it would be better to look at the website from Tilera and not in the forum of
MikroTik! And by the way it is not even the same, what a type of hardware is able to do
and what MikroTik is activating by using code for this feature or supporting by RouterOS.
As an example: The Tilera TileGX has very good video encoding capabilities, but as I see
it right MikroTik is not enabling this feature in RouterOS.

Basically, while considering CCRs as candidates to offload some tasks from Cisco and Juniper boxes, we'd like to get some deterministic scales based on the number of cores involved in each and avery bare-metal-implemented feature.
Bare Metal and functions could be found in this white paper here:
Tilera white paper 1
Which features are implemented on bare tiles ? How many tiles per feature's scalability (i.e. core per x thousand L2TP session, core per y Gbps of switched or sampled traffic, etc...) ? Is there a dynamic ressource allocator or is it hardcoded ? If dynamic, how to proritize when oversubscribing ?
This can be revealed by this white paper from Tilera:
At the last 30% of this white paper you can imagine how many cores will be used for what
and how many actions, options or enabled features, if it is activated and used by RouterOS
Tilera white paper 2

NicolBolas
just joined

Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:44 pm

I already went through most of tilera's papers, what I'm trying to find out (through blind testing on the few CCR we bought yet) is how RouterOS has been ported to the platform.

Every hint I can get would speed-up the scalability assesment and help focus on Q/A (and writing bug reports :D )

Begetan
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:18 am

Just took my first CCR-12-4G-EM. Hope the last.

1. Device is sweeping on different voces like an 20 years old black TV with broken line sweep transformer.

2. Winbox isn't connecting by mac address. After procesing of "erase configuration" have to use reset back. No other way to connect by Ethernet!

3. Connecting LAN to Eth2 caused blinking all 4 SFP ports! Looks like a dangerous warning.

4. After upgrade to 6.19 and initial configuration I've just put ntp server package and made reboot. Device completely lost connections. Even mac addresses is not visible.

Finnaly found a stupid bug - on X86 machine with ROS 6.18 command /export cause console to crash. No way to copy runing config!

After months of sporadic unpedictable crashes of X86 boxes I gave a chance to CCR. First impression looks like it's real shit. Mikrotik, what is going on?

Could anyone tell me how do you update packages on CCR and restore after bricking? I know about console ( which is disabled in my case) and reset to default. Any other solutions?

josecar
just joined

Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi There !

I'm just trying to find the right CCR for my needs: (local wisp)

200Mb on my WAN side.
about 300 customers connected using pppoe
not very complex firewall rules (35 filter rules, 25 nat rules and 15 mangle rules)
and 30 simple queues using pcq.

But my concern is that i will serve inet connection to my customers using JUST ONE ETHERNET
on the LAN side. Does it affect to the performance a MULTICORE router can afford?
Make sense to get a 16 or 32 core router with this topology limitation ?

As far as i can see a 9 core router can accomplish the load without issues...

Please let me know your thoughts about this.

Cheers from the sunny Andalucia !

Kreacher

Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:36 am

200Mb on my WAN side.
about 300 customers connected using pppoe
not very complex firewall rules (35 filter rules, 25 nat rules and 15 mangle rules)
and 30 simple queues using pcq.
This is able to handle by a RB1100AHx2 without problems and by any kind of CCR
in my eyes.
But my concern is that i will serve inet connection to my customers using JUST ONE ETHERNET on the LAN side.

A liquid running network would not only be based on a clever and powerful router,
it is more a game that must be played by many devices together in my eyes. So
why not setting up a powerful switch for the LAN and a powerful router for the
WAN area? A layer3 switch with a LAG (LACP) to the CCR router would be surrounding
a bottleneck easily and the RouterOS would also support it.
Does it affect to the performance a MULTICORE router can afford?
More than 1 GBit/s it will not be passing if you only use one ethernet LAN port.
But you can do the following;
- building a LAG (LACP).
- using a 10 GBit/s Uplink from the switch to the router.
Make sense to get a 16 or 32 core router with this topology limitation ?
It would not speeding up the entire and only 1 GBit/s uplink!
As far as i can see a 9 core router can accomplish the load without issues...
Surely it can do the job also, but for a little bit more reserve I would suggest the 16 core or
36 core model.

zyzelis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:16 am

Hello CCR users,
can you share info about CCr's sfp leds. they are working? if yes, which ROS you are using,
if not, do you remember: it was turned off manually or automatically after upgrade.

Eg. i started to use CCR1036 with ROS 6.3, all leds was up (bright orange), after upgrade 6.3->6.12
all leds automatically was turned off. now with 6.19 the same state.

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Can anyone post some performance graphs for 10G SPF+?

What kind of speeds are you getting...

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:39 am

So made the mistake to get myself a CCR1036-8G-2S+

6.22 (3.19 firmware) *all* Ethernet ports connect at 10/Half Duplex (multiple switches/servers, multiple cables), *all* Ethernet ports receives 0 frames/packets according to Interface statistics.

Upgraded to 6.23 (3.20 firmware) *exactly* the same issue.

Nice. I have a USD1K door stop... :-x

cmoegele

Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Very useful information about CCR is available here:
http://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/RU14/megis.pdf
Thank you. This is fantastic stuff. Where can we find more of this sort of thing? I highly suggest this is more visible to people like us browsing the forums. It actually answered a lot of my questions.
Come to the MUM, that is what it's for :)
Got yesterday a CCR-1009 8G 1SFP+1SFP and spent half an day for some documentations and manual,...
I think you are making very good products with very bad documentation,.... Why?
Some information on routerboard.com, some hints in Forum, some links to presentations,.... in my opinion this is not the best way to do marketing and improve image.
Especially for your High-End products there should be at least one CCR-WIKI chapter or topic for specifications, descriptions, links, tipps and tricks like for several other products.

Sorry for being that direct, but hopefully there will be some progress on this too,..

with best regards

cm

jorgb
just joined

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:28 pm

So made the mistake to get myself a CCR1036-8G-2S+

6.22 (3.19 firmware) *all* Ethernet ports connect at 10/Half Duplex (multiple switches/servers, multiple cables), *all* Ethernet ports receives 0 frames/packets according to Interface statistics.

Upgraded to 6.23 (3.20 firmware) *exactly* the same issue.

Nice. I have a USD1K door stop... :-x

I'm having the same issue here with my CCR1036-8G-2S+. I just posted http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92098 .
Have you been able to find a solution?

JB

Maggiore81
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:38 pm

Anybody with this port flapping on the CCR, can you try disabling the LCD screen, and see if anything changes at all ?
hello

we have this problem on x86 with v6.6rc1 28/10/2013 without package lcd

a+
Thierry
Same problem on 6.24 and RB2011, about 40mbit traffic heavy cpu load, port flaps regularly every 10minutes. Downgrade to 6.20 resolve the issue. Keeping 6.24 and LCD DISABLED solves the issue too.

Maggiore81
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:54 pm

[quote="infused"]Just read the new newsletter.

Are dual power supplies planned for the 36 core router? If so, when is it due? I don't really want to down grade. But it's always bugged me the 'carrier' router never had dual PSU's.

About the double power supply it is still available from RB1100, use one 230V power cord + POE on the POE port... violà!

Begetan
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:17 am

Did anyone experience problem with reboot device?

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94928

vadimbn
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri May 29, 2015 11:44 am

Dear Normis!

The CCR-1036 support SO-DIMM ECC RAM memory ?
(...like: Kingston SO-DIMM 8 GB ECC DDR3-1333 x2)

What type of SO-DIMM memory is the best for the CCR-1036 ?
(ECC vs. NON ECC, 1333MHz vs. 1600MHz)

Please help choosing between these...

Thx.

Attila
The Tilera CPU supports it from the DDR3 controllers onboars, so it should work.
The Tilera CPU supports it, but motherboard - not supports. This document describes differences of pinouts ECC and not-ECC SoDIMM. So i was trying set up the modules KVR13LSE9S8/4 in my CCR1036-12G-4S and router does not work with them. Wrote this because could not found information about support ECC in CCR routers.