Community discussions

MikroTik App

HaPe
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CCR-warranty extension

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi, Is it possible to extend CCR warranty?

Łukasz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: CCR-warranty extension

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Good question. +1

TrollMan
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

CCR-warranty extension

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Yeah, I'd like to have it too.

przent

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:13 pm

Everything you buy in Poland even if its made in Latvia must have a warranty of at least 2 years, because it is an EU wide law. It is the problem of the reseller if Mikrotik does not offer 2 years warranty. So if CCR dies after 1.5 year, you return the device to your reseller and get a new one or 100% money back and he can try to argue with mikrotik.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:54 am

Everything you buy in Poland even if its made in Latvia must have a warranty of at least 2 years, because it is an EU wide law. It is the problem of the reseller if Mikrotik does not offer 2 years warranty. So if CCR dies after 1.5 year, you return the device to your reseller and get a new one or 100% money back and he can try to argue with mikrotik.
It is standard practice to offer one year manufacturing warranty and additional one year store warranty. Even Apple has the same terms in Europe.

About extended warranty for CCR, we will discuss it with our sales department.

HaPe
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:55 pm

We are waiting for reply ;)
Not warranty. There is one year warranty from Mikrotik and 2 years "conformity of the goods with the contract" from purchase.

Bitto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:22 am

Hape could you explain please? so in EU if a device broke down in first year warranty issues producer (mikrotik) if it is broken down in second year warranty issues store (reseller have to pay from his pocket?) Is this what apple doing? And it is demanded by EU wide law?

HaPe
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm not a lawyer. Let's contact with someone in your country, who knows local law. I think you should find this person in City Office.

przent

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:50 pm

Hape could you explain please? so in EU if a device broke down in first year warranty issues producer (mikrotik) if it is broken down in second year warranty issues store (reseller have to pay from his pocket?) Is this what apple doing? And it is demanded by EU wide law?
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/sh ... dex_en.htm

So basically Yes, if device breaks after the manufacturer warranty is over and its still in the 2 years prescribed by EU, the reseller has to pay. Thats why I wrote he - the reseller - can try to argue with mikrotik, the end customer always wins in this situation.
Last edited by przent on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

przent

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:53 pm

It is standard practice to offer one year manufacturing warranty and additional one year store warranty. Even Apple has the same terms in Europe.

Even Apple is still less of an "authority" than EU so EU makes the laws and Apple has to shut up and follow as anybody else and its not going to change in near future

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Maybe you misunderstood me. Reseller in the end provides you with two year warranty. MikroTik is just the manufacturer, Warranty issues are dealt with the resellers.

przent

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:48 pm

No, I understand you perfectly.

The question what I`m trying to clear out is: How would Mikrotik react on a official _resellers_ (not end customer) request to return a broken CCR (or any future device above 500$) after the 1 year of manufacturer warranty is over, but the reseller warranty is not yet over, because of EU (and maybe other countries)?

Would you:

a) tell the reseller: sorry, but you have to do what ever your customer accepts and stand for all the accompanied costs (which in EU would be 100% refund to customer, by money back or providing new device)
b) be smart and say: ok let`s take a look on the device mister reseller, send it to us and if we failed hard (for example: old revision of PCB with well known bug) we will exchange it for a working one
c) be even smarter and say: we will credit you 50% of the device price because this may be cheaper for us to "dump it" without investigation and you will serve customer needs even faster so the customers negative experience won`t be totally negative
d) (maybe stupid maybe super-smart) refund 100% without great asking, because you don`t want to piss off customers with need (and money) for business and enterprise class devices (in EU) - maybe the device can be repaired when the reseller returns it to you, so the "damage" won`t be that big\

Which of this actions is the 'closest match' for CCR refund policy?

thanks

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:23 am

First of all, CCR and all high-end products are exempt from this warranty term of one year, you can read warranty terms on the second page here: http://routerboard.com/pdf/438/ccr-series-qg.pdf

If we are talkinga about other products, MikroTik does not accept items from the distributor, if they were purchased more than 12 months before date of RMA request. We do provide spare parts and repair instructions, so resellers can build their own after-warranty service centers if they would want to. This would provide a competitive advantage over other resellers, if one company would offer such services.

przent

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:10 am

OK the paragraph sentence with CCR exception is this sentence:

We do not offer repairs for products that are not covered by warranty. Exceptions can be made for RB1000,
RB1100 and RB1200, CCR.

I understand your point with reseller service center but the emploees with such skills are still on high demand and not cheap at all in western europe. So the only "repair" i can imagine is mechanical. Exchange one board for another, repair a connector, measure and exchange power supply. So basically you supply your reseller with (just a guess) 10% spare part of ordered amount for free and this even includes CCR boards for example (as cases do not break that often by themselves) and when a CCR is broken, the reseller has to repair (exchange) the board and if he can`t there would be still a little possibility you do it for him because of the exception above? Is that near to what you do in real business?

thanks,

karlos
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:08 pm

Yes, even HP started with 12m waranty on cheap Notebook models, but store like us must give 24m...... This is why we refused to sell products like that. We better recommend products like DELL with 36m NBD on-site!

Just think about it.

tnakir
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:33 pm

But Normis, Latvia is a part of EU, shouldn't you, as well, provide 2 year warranty according to law?

Btw, I checked few distributors in EU (i4wifi etc) and most of them give 1 year warranty???

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:34 pm

But Normis, Latvia is a part of EU, shouldn't you, as well, provide 2 year warranty according to law?

Btw, I checked few distributors in EU (i4wifi etc) and most of them give 1 year warranty???
Like I have explained above, we are the manufacturer. Resellers are the ones you buy from, and get warranty from. In the mentioned example, you should ask the distributor about this.

sgrabiel
just joined

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:58 am

I have a fried power supply for a ccr, how and where do I obtain a new one.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 am

contact the seller, they should be able to arrange it.

sgrabiel
just joined

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:04 am

I think you guys were the seller. I bought from mikrotiks ebay store a year or so ago

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:58 am

I think you guys were the seller. I bought from mikrotiks ebay store a year or so ago
MikroTik doesn't have an eBay store :) Check the invoice, there should be some company name there.

sgrabiel
just joined

Fried CCR Power Supply

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:47 am

Okay FYI for everyone. If you come across a situation like I have and the power supply for your CCR fries, http://www.roc-noc.com sells the WT2400A00V3 or WT240400-R2 power supply for these boards. http://www.universaldcpoweradapter.com I believe is the manufacturer from China, but they want a 500 unit order. This took some investigation because the powersupply out of the ccr does not have any markings or model numbers on it.

My board works fine but the ps just got fried. I don't want to buy another ccr and I bought it more than a year ago and cannot find the invoice from who I bought it from, so contacting the reseller is a waste of time because it is out of warrantee and all they will do is try to get me to purchase another ccr.

Hope this helps you all on this forum. :-)