Community discussions

MikroTik App

pgh321
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

rb2011 lcd burn-in ?

Thu May 01, 2014 11:57 am

Hi, I've partially setup an rb2011 in my new home, then I stayed some weeks without going there, busy with other things.
I had noticed that the lcd screen was going dark after a while, so I've not investigated into its setup.

Yesterday I noticed that the lcd screen is suffering from burn-in (even changing view, I see the interface graph like a "shadow").
It was correctly dark, so I didn't understand how burn-in happened (if it goes dark, it should not burn-in).

I tried setting it to another view (informative slideshow) to see if burn-in may be only temporary...
I've not found anything on this issue, maybe because it's just a cosmetic issue?
Setting display off wouldn't be a solution, there should be a way to deal with this, something like a "small screensaver" ...

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: rb2011 lcd burn-in ?

Thu May 01, 2014 4:20 pm

I have set the screen off timer and do not see the burnin shadows. Anyway this has to be taken as manufacturing fault with all rights for repair/swap.

pgh321
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat May 03, 2014 12:48 pm

I've checked after one day, and the display was correctly off. Probably with default timeout in the config.
Anyway, I still see the ghost image of sfp1 graph :-(
Maybe you were not showing graphs but informations, and that kind of graphics creates less burn-in?

I think it could be something covered by warranty too... But I'm not sure I want to unmount, ship it, wait, remount, check .. and maybe after a while it could be the same again...
Even if I'm a bit disappointed, I must admit that the solution could be worse than the problem :-)

Thank you for your reply!

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Do you use light or dark mode? I have interface graph as default, 30min timeout and dark mode from the beginning. No problems at all.

pgh321
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat May 03, 2014 8:44 pm

Sorry, what is it?

There is nothing about it on http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:LCD_TouchScreen ,
maybe it is an undocumented feature?

Anyway, I'm mostly using the default setup...

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Have you checked the LCD menu in Winbox? Probably not. Try it.

pgh321
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:44 pm

During these weeks, I noticed that if I periodically change view (for example, from interface stats to log to system health...) burn-in from previous display seems to slowly vanish...
I'll check again with more attention, I'll post if there will be "permanent marks".

j7n

Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Today I noticed LCD burn-in on one of my RB2011's as I dusted it off. I could clearly see faint rectangles and text of the main menu on top of all screens. I had set the LCD to read-only to prevent accidental configuration changes, and haven't accessed it for a couple months at least. The backlight timeout is set, but the screen remains on even when the backlight is turned off.

The picture is not visible for all practical purposes, unless I shine bright light onto it. I think there is no reason for the LCD to be working without the backlight at all.

It is not much of a problem for me personally, because I do not use the LCD.

pgh321
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:34 pm

but the screen remains on even when the backlight is turned off.
This weird behaviour could be the cause of the problem (small problem indeed for devices that are normally closed inside racks, but anyway fixing it could be nicer).
Since you have found a possible cause, I'm marking this as a bug report...

Thank you

pgh321
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:56 pm

Do you use light or dark mode? I have interface graph as default, 30min timeout and dark mode from the beginning. No problems at all.
Hi, sorry for the long delay.
Anyway I checked my settings and they were left as default, the same as yours: 30 min timeout, time interval MIN , color scheme DARK...