Community discussions

MikroTik App

deafsquad
just joined
Topic Author

SOLVED New SXT AC Testing Wireless Interface missing

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:45 pm

i am just testing a point to point setup and yesterday the first device lost his wireless and today another.

the first device did not want to fire up lan connection after some playing around i thougt it would be the best to reset and start from scratch. after that the wireless device went missing and never came back.

today another device got the same problem but now i could not remember the password i set yesterday, i resetted it and wireless was missing again. i then made a netinstall and after i switched from wireless to wireless-fp device was ok again. in the meantime i also tried 6.18

the first one thou still did not want to show wireless interface

but then again on another device wireless went missing and like in the first case i can not get it running again. i seen another post in the forum where somebody had similar issues and he netinstalled only system and after that wireless-fp but this also did not help.

So now i am here with 2/5 devices without Wireless Interface and i have the feeling that there is something either wrong with the new hardware or the firmware is buggy.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: New SXT AC Testing Wireless Interface missing in 2 of 5

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:55 pm

Could you please send us supout.rif files from these devices to support, so we can look and see why this happened? Thanks

deafsquad
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:21 pm

if you need the rif file of the other device with the same symptom, just say something...

i already tried the latest 6.18 but no luck there either
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:03 am

Thanks for the file. Could we get remote access to this device? As I understand the other started working? We would need simple SSH access to a public IP address. email support@mikrotik.com, thanks

deafsquad
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:35 am

just sent you an email, ports are open, i'll wait for your reply

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:39 am

We found the issue, this is caused by changing the "regulatory-domain-ce: no" setting in the "system routerboard" menu on SXT ac devices. Please do not change this setting until we have fixed the problem.

To recover your board, simply put a screwdriver in the jumper-reset hole, which is located next to the Ethernet port, boot the device, and wait 15 seconds before letting go the screw driver. This will cause a system reset, and he bad setting will go back to it's initial state. Until we release RouterOS v6.18, reset is the only way to revert this setting. Changing it back with a command does not work.

Your wireless interface will return when you will reset the device with the screwdriver reset.

deafsquad
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:55 am

in my testing i was only resetting the configuration and i had not tried a hard reset. at least you now know where the issue lies. and for me a whole day is gone for testing :(

i have another question regarding the performance of the devices, yesterday i was "only" getting 90Mbit tcp net through my test setup but wireless they have talked with up to 844Mbit and the end devices have been on gigabit. i had setup a nv2 wds transparent bridge and had windows devices behind doing the testing. A direct test via winbox showed also max 90 Mbit tcp and 200+ udp. i was hoping to get more out of the ac devices. I this an issue of my testing environment or can i expect more?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:05 am

866Mbit is the "air rate", real data transfer you could get 400-550Mbit depending on conditions. here is another topic where people share the best settings for SXT ac:

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87610

Currently we are optimizing nv2 rate selection, please try it with regular 802.11 and see if this improves your results

viainternet
just joined

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:56 am

8)
Conclusion: Recent upgrades 6:15 and 6:17 were damaged and caused fatal errors in normal handsets,
which received the upgrade firmware 6.15 and 6.17.

:shock: *** ALL TEST OK *** the best firmware 6.12
100 more

deafsquad
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:46 pm

866Mbit is the "air rate", real data transfer you could get 400-550Mbit depending on conditions. here is another topic where people share the best settings for SXT ac:

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87610

Currently we are optimizing nv2 rate selection, please try it with regular 802.11 and see if this improves your results
i am now getting 26 Mbyte transferspeeds on windows with 802.11 Protocol. I had again some issues with another device i was not really able to reproduce but it can be that i had setup the regulatory domain earlier and it had not triggered the error till now.

I hope you fix this issue with the next release and nv2 boosts the bandwith further...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:49 pm

If you would post full config from both sides of the link, we would be able to see what to improve. Such low speed indicates that there is something wrong with your link.

deafsquad
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:42 pm

If you would post full config from both sides of the link, we would be able to see what to improve. Such low speed indicates that there is something wrong with your link.
Hello normis,

i just upgraded to the 6.18 but have not tried the regulatory-domain yet. i will let it stay on manual tx-power for now.
i am getting 26-28 Mbyte not Mbit with smb transfer under windows, so this looks like a net rate about 300 Mbit on this short range test setup. i do not know how much to expect but 802.11 works a lot better than the nv2. below is my setup config. I encountered another problem while setting up a backup script. When i do an /export and try to start it in the web-ui the script hangs at that point, it worked in the beginning but now its broken for two devices. When starting the same script in the console or just doing the /export there, everything is fine. /system backup works also fine, only /export do not want to create a file anymore. Any idea what that could be, i tried everything but it is not working anymore.

ros code

/interface bridge
add l2mtu=1600 name=bridge1
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=ether1 ] name=ether1-local
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] eap-methods="" mode=static-keys-required supplicant-identity=MikroTik
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk eap-methods="" management-protection=allowed mode=dynamic-keys name=wpa2 supplicant-identity=""
/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] band=5ghz-onlyac channel-width=20/40/80mhz-Ceee country=germany disabled=no frequency=5580 l2mtu=1600 mode=bridge name=wlan1-gateway nv2-security=enabled radio-name=\
    br_main security-profile=wpa2 ssid=rembazemba tdma-period-size=auto wds-default-bridge=bridge1 wds-mode=dynamic wireless-protocol=802.11
/ip neighbor discovery
set wlan1-gateway discover=no
/ip pool
add name=dhcp ranges=192.168.2.247-192.168.2.254
/ip dhcp-server
add address-pool=dhcp interface=ether1-local lease-time=10m name=default
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge1 interface=wlan1-gateway
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether1-local
/ip address
add address=192.168.2.241/24 comment="default configuration" interface=ether1-local network=192.168.2.0
/ip dhcp-client
add comment="default configuration" dhcp-options=hostname,clientid interface=bridge1
/ip dhcp-server network
add address=192.168.2.0/24 comment="default configuration" dns-server=192.168.88.1 gateway=192.168.2.243 netmask=24
/ip dns
set allow-remote-requests=yes servers=8.8.8.8
/ip dns static
add address=192.168.88.1 name=router
/ip firewall filter
add chain=input comment="default configuration" protocol=icmp
add chain=input comment="default configuration" connection-state=established
add chain=input comment="default configuration" connection-state=related
add action=drop chain=input comment="default configuration" in-interface=wlan1-gateway
add chain=forward comment="default configuration" connection-state=established
add chain=forward comment="default configuration" connection-state=related
add action=drop chain=forward comment="default configuration" connection-state=invalid
/ip firewall nat
add action=masquerade chain=srcnat comment="default configuration" disabled=yes out-interface=wlan1-gateway
/ip route
add distance=1 gateway=192.168.2.254
/ip service
set telnet disabled=yes
set ftp disabled=yes
set api disabled=yes
set api-ssl disabled=yes
/ip upnp
set allow-disable-external-interface=no
/system clock
set time-zone-name=Europe/Berlin
/system identity
set name=br_main
/system leds
set 0 interface=wlan1-gateway
/system ntp client
set enabled=yes primary-ntp=192.168.2.204
/system routerboard settings
set cpu-frequency=720MHz

ros code

/interface bridge
add l2mtu=1600 name=bridge1
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=ether1 ] name=ether1-local
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] eap-methods="" mode=static-keys-required supplicant-identity=MikroTik
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk eap-methods="" management-protection=allowed mode=dynamic-keys name=wpa2 supplicant-identity=""
/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] band=5ghz-a/n/ac channel-width=20/40/80mhz-Ceee country=germany disabled=no frequency=5500 l2mtu=1600 mode=station-wds nv2-security=enabled security-profile=wpa2 ssid=\
    rembazemba tdma-period-size=auto wireless-protocol=nv2-nstreme-802.11
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge1 interface=wlan1
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether1-local
/ip address
add address=192.168.2.242/24 interface=ether1-local network=192.168.2.0
/ip dhcp-client
add dhcp-options=hostname,clientid interface=bridge1
/ip dns
set servers=8.8.8.8
/ip route
add distance=1 gateway=192.168.2.254
/ip upnp
set allow-disable-external-interface=no
/system clock
set time-zone-name=Europe/Berlin
/system identity
set name=br_stationwds
/system leds
set 0 interface=wlan1
/system ntp client
set enabled=yes primary-ntp=192.168.2.204
/system routerboard settings
set cpu-frequency=720MHz

gogomilky
just joined

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:34 pm

Hello to all one,
package wireless-fp-6.18-mipsbe.npk fix a wireless interface after reboot device of new 6.18 !

testing phase are still in progress