MikroTik App

awacenter
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Building design: insufficient signal

Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi,

I am looking for a good ROS device with a good wireless power. My goal is install these devices inside the several floors of a building. I want a solution based in Mikrotik.

In the past, I used to use a RB532 with a extern 5dB anthen.

Now I tried the RB951Ui-2HnD and other products, but the signal power was not sufficient.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Santiago

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Building design: insufficient signal

Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Use QRT-2!!! +3W...

awacenter
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:02 am

Hi rextended,
Is it a good solution install a flat panel inside of a building to give coberage to the rooms?
I was thinking about installing GrooveA 52HPn with and 5-10 dB anthen. However, this is ugly for a hotel. My goal is use the CAP manager, so I want all devives have ROS.

Thanks,
Santiago

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:48 am

Wait CeilingM-2nD ... ;)

Quindor

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:47 pm

The best idea is to make a good plan and use more low-power access-points instead of several high-power access-points. Plan for 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz since every device released this day will support it and within now and 2 years you will NEED to have it.

For 2.4Ghz plan your spacing and channel usage accordingly, say if you have 3 access-points on a floor and have multiple floors, do it like this for instance:
6 1 11
11 6 1
1 11 6
6 1 11
11 6 1
1 11 6

For 5Ghz, use as many channels as you need. Less channel overlap is best. Use 20Mhz channels, no 40Mhz.

Meaning, don't overlap your channels, both horizontally and vertically. And again, put your access-points in low power mode and deploy more to cover the area you need. A neighbour access-point should only just hear the next one, not full signal if you put it on high-power with high-power antenna's. Clients will also not know which access-point to chose if they receive multiple access-points with about the same power.

As said above, Mikrotik does not have a ready-to-go solution for this. Neither do they have 2.4Ghz AND 5.0Ghz solutions using a routerboard out of the box. The rumors are that they will be releasing it soon though (could be a week, could be 6 months).

Oh, and do NOT use a QRT-2 indoor. :shock:

awacenter
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks for the answer.
The low-power mode has to be in our ming when design camping areas or hotels. Customer have to listen the nearest AP, not all.