Community discussions

MikroTik App

crosario
just joined
Topic Author

SXTG HG vs SXT AC

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm about to order a few SXT's to build a couple of PTP links (3km and 5km). First I thought about using SXTG HG (RBSXTG-5HPnD-HGr2), but then I started to look at these new AC equipment and realized that the SXT AC (RBSXTG-5HPacD) seems to have better RX sensivity and equal or higher TX power at the same rates (MCS0, MCS7).

In the Mikrotik link calculator, for a 5km PTP link, the the SXT AC would allow for a reliable at MCS7 rate where the SXTG HG would result in unreliable link due to the worse RX sensivity.

Despite the higher gain antena (+1dBi) and the lower price of SXTG HG, should I go with the SXT AC and be future proof if the bandwitdth is needed?

For higher distance PTP links (5km) what kind of real throughput should I expect at MCS7 rates with the SXT AC?

I also have a PTMP with a OmniTIK U-5HnD and a few SXT-Lite5 CPE's that are inside a 90 degree coverage area, I want to replace the Omnitik with a SXT SA ac and add a few SXT AC CPE's.

What can I expect about the co-existance of the SXT AC and the SXT-Lite5 CPE's? (i'm using NV2)

Will the SXT AC CPE's benefit of .ac data rates with SXT-Lite5 .n connections active? Or they all will fallback to .n data rates?

Thank you.