Community discussions

MikroTik App

ADo
just joined
Topic Author

Damaged RBSXTG-5HPnD-SAr2 board

Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi,

please see sad result of idiot_at_work :shock: - one image is better than thousand words:

As you can see, whole LAN connector is missing because it has been pulled out of a board.
Because data paths were damaged it is likely impossible to solder connector back.

Only way to solve problem is probably to solder wires between connector <-> appropriate pins.
So, I'd need either scheme of the board(I guess nobody give it to me) or an advice where to solder ends of wires from LAN connector.

Please help!

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Damaged RBSXTG-5HPnD-SAr2 board

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:50 pm

You may try to solder it directly without scheme as it is quite obvious where the wires were connected to even from your picture.

DWJ
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:15 pm

So, what did you do to cause the connector to be pulled off?

If this is straight out of the box, then send it back to your supplier. If you did some thing to cause this then you need to be more careful.

If you look real close, you can follow the board trace and see where they go. You only need to repair
the one on the right (pin 2) as that is part of the data circuit, the other is not used

Repair of the right (pin 2) pad only needs a short 22ga wire to go to a spot on the rest of the trace.

frankie
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:29 pm

You should consider really lucky with such small damage because I had a board with all wires teared under USB-socket. You can solder directly the third pin to hole by cleaning the lacquer over contact hole and wiring it. The second pin is simply wire to transformer pin (can be easily traced under USB-socket) going around back of USB-socket. You can make additional strengthen of RJ45 socket by soldering around it a wire to side holes.