Community discussions

MikroTik App

F4ckn
just joined
Topic Author

48V Mikrotik

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi All,
Just an unofficial post on what we did for a 48V DC feed setup, we got a meanwell RSD-100C-24 DC to DC adapter, and it fit's right in where the 2nd Tiks PSU is (On CCR models with 2 PSUs obviously).

See pics for the mod.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

doneware
Trainer
Trainer

Re: 48V Mikrotik

Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:27 pm

nice.

i did the same with some other boards, however there's an issue i can't work around.
the CCR is great, cause it has real power connectors on the baseboard.

well, other RBs have it too, the 2011 series, the CRS series. or better said, they have
the place for the connector on the PCB, but it's not populated. i've been asking support
& distributors several times whether tha $0.20 part could be also installed, but i got
into walls.

i am not allowed to solder it in. ok, i'm allowed to do this, but as soon i touch the iron,
warranty disappears. which is bad.

Mikrotik only wants to do it as a separate production batch, MOQ is like 1000-5000.

and the worst of it is, that the internal 5.5/2.1 mm power jack has been moved to the backside,
so it's not possible to use even a lame internal cable to feed real power to it.

all rackable devices Mikrotik produces have proper connector cutouts, even internal flanges
to secure the power supplies. but that is not working, as you can't connect the PS to the board.

all i have is those disgusting external power bricks.

Petzl
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:51 pm

I have never used warranty .... mostly it cost more to send it back ....

abeggled
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:54 pm

In this case, please tell me if you have a defective CCR, in most cases I like to pay the shipment :-)

F4ckn
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:54 am

On the other devices we just use a passive PoE strip and inject the DC power from our batteries and DC to DC adapters.