Community discussions

MikroTik App

gcrest
just joined
Topic Author

METAL 2SHPN ETHER PORT

Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:46 am

I dont know how to say this but seriously am not impressed with the complaints coming from all metal 2shpn radios. I am new to mikrotik and can do only a few things with it...however we run a min isp business and we were using a planet indoor access point with an amplifier on a 15dbi to serve remote clients while using a mikrotik router to serve as a dhcp server on the network... it has always worked fine until there was a serious thunder storm and every thing went off..

I then decided to replace the burnt ap with metal 2shpn with same 15dbi antenna.. after configuration.. i noticed my clients was connecting and disconnecting.. after one or two search i was asked to lower the tx power and so i did.. it worked for some days and then another problem came up.. the SSID would vanish from the air... but on the switch i noticed the radio is on..To fix this temporarily i rebooted every 2-3 hours manually....

i decided to upgrade the router os (from v5.25 to v6.19) if this would fix this issue and behold after uploading the npk file i rebooted and there i go.. ether1 no longer function... i went up the mast, brought the radio down and tested it on ground. the power led came up and was only blinking within intervals...no indication of a plugged lan cable on my laptop..

I am totally confused.. dont want to believe my metal is useless... is this the end of the radio?

gcrest
just joined
Topic Author

Re: METAL 2SHPN ETHER PORT

Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:07 pm

did i post something wrong.. 42 views no comment.. or i did i post it in the wrong section?

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Have you upgrade the metal with all packages?

gcrest
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:02 pm

i download v6.19 router os upgrade package and uploaded it.. i rebooted and it never came up again... when i couldnt access it, even tried using winbox 2 discover it but to no avail. i had 2 climb the mast and power it on the floor.. Lan port couldnt detect cable plugged it..just power led blinking...
Last edited by gcrest on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:20 pm

Try first netinstall

See on this link on my website.

http://www.wirelessinfo.be/index.php/mi ... etinstalle

gcrest
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Try first netinstall

See on this link on my website.

http://www.wirelessinfo.be/index.php/mi ... etinstalle
Thanks but my pc does not recognize the cable plugged into the port from the metal...this is where my problem lies., otherwise i would have used netinstall..

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Try another cable, maby is the cable broken.

gcrest
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:12 pm

Try another cable, maby is the cable broken.
i have tried.. same issues... this is the same reason i brought it down from the mast...

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:25 pm

See you a SSID?

See you blinking the leds?
Here you the two beeps?

gcrest
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:53 pm

See you a SSID?

See you blinking the leds?
Here you the two beeps?
none... only power leds.........someone said the radio is gone... how through is this..

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:49 pm

If you don't hear the two beeps is the metal not started.
Something went wrong with the update.
Netinstall is appropriate.
Try the netinstall procedure once again.
Don't forget give you networkcard on pc a fixed IP-adress

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:22 pm

The port can be damaged by overvoltage. Try rma if it is under warranty. Technicians should be able to proove if it was damaged by flash or just stopped work with no obvious external reason. Then you should receive a replacement.

soghrats
just joined

Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi , i dont know that your problem is solved ? if not , i can help you , because i had a same problem with upgrading the OS , but i solved it ,

if yours is unsolved you can email me ,or post it here

gcrest
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi , i dont know that your problem is solved ? if not , i can help you , because i had a same problem with upgrading the OS , but i solved it ,

@soghrats thanks for your concern... the metal is still lying flat on my table.. wish i had a solution.. pls can you share yours...

thanks

soghrats
just joined

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi again and sorry about my delay ,
i think you test the Netinstall , and you think that net install doesn't work too , I had your problem too , mikrotik upgrade pakages has a lot of problems, in future do not use these kind of packages , using all packages for upgrading your device , you can customizing your packages to install .
returning to your problem , first downloading the new ver of your device OS . then using netinstall to re install new os for your device , wait until its finishes .when router comming up again , i think you still has that problem , this is very important , listen , carefully , close the net install program , ok , then power off the router , ok , pushing the reset button , then , power on the router , after just 2 seconds un push the reset button , your device starting , and booting, ok , then run winbox , going to system ---- > routerboard ---> then upgrade the firmware , ok . this is your problem , then re start the device , it works correctly .

faheemkhan5
just joined

Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:02 pm

i have same problem please guide me

michelsantos
just joined

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Realmente, efetuei o procedimento e funcionou.Consegui recuperar minha RB. Visto que antes eu havia tentado pelo netinstall com a versão 5.16 e não consegui resolver o problema. Quando instalei pelo netinstall a versão 6.26, funcionou, lembrando que tem que atualizar o firmware também.