Community discussions

MikroTik App

renebibeau
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot Security

Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi !

My hotspot seem to work fine, but i have a security issu, some device can acces to the net without using username/password.
I've try with my iPad and iPhone and security work. Some Android device can pass trough without authentification ! ? Why? Is there a way to make sure that security will be working on all client?

Thank's

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hotspot Security

Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:00 pm

My iPhone works like it should with a hotspot, but my Blackberry seemed to bypass the hotspot login. After testing, I found it was not bypassing the hotspot security, but if it couldn't connect through the wifi immediately, it would resort to using the 3G data connection from my cellphone provider. Could that be happening with your Android?

I could get it to use the hotspot if I disabled the data connection through my provider. Then it would get a login page.

renebibeau
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Just to be more specific, the device that goes trough without login is tablet that does not have 3G connection.

Is that normal?

Thank's

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Just to be more specific, the device that goes trough without login is tablet that does not have 3G connection.

Is that normal?

Thank's
Well, that depends. On your "/ip hotspot profile" settings, what do you have in "login-by"? If you have cookie, it may be logging in without any login page.

Check "/ip hotspot host" and "/ip hotspot active". See if you see the user or IP of the tablet there.

edit: Did the device ever login? Do you have a session timeout limit? I have seen tablet and phone devices stay logged in for days at a time. Maybe it has always been logged in?

AndrewOo
just joined

Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Hello everybody. Can someone tell me. Can i make somethin to work android authentification easiest and faster on hotspot? Do Android have some splash page like IOS via hotspot? What you use to authentification by Android os via hotspot?
Rb 951 ROS 6.24
Thx!