Community discussions

MikroTik App

Beelze
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Rackmount ears for CRS212

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Been a while since my last post, but I'm back with a short one :) I hope I posted this in the right category.

My company bought 2 CRS212's and so far we have been very content with its performance.
When attaching the rack mount ears to the sides of the switches we directly came to the conclusion that we want a modified solution.

Soon we will be employing both a CRS212 and a CRS210 to have enough SFP and copper ports available for future growth.
Of course we can place them on top of each other, but it would be better rack space wise to mount them side to side, like on the same level. The rack ears do not provide that possibility. We were wondering if something like this is deliverable now (or anytime soon?).

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Rackmount ears for CRS212

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:16 pm

If you need units side by side, maybe you can use this shelf type mounting? http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87899

Beelze
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Rackmount ears for CRS212

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:44 pm

Hey normis,

Nice post. I have checked the shelfs out, but that's not what we are looking for. We're now thinking of placing some sort of a U-formed rack ear between the 2 switches. We'll have to buy a 90 degree screw driver for that though :P