MikroTik App

inquiery
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

CRS125-24G-1S-2HND-IN rebooting

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:04 am

Hello,

I bought some time ago a CRS125-24G-1S-2HND-IN, I had a PPPoE server configured on it, with some ports configured as a switch. It was working normaly, till today, and now the routerboard won't finish the botting process.

It beeps, then on its LCD, it displays "starting services" for some time, then it flashs all white and it reboots all over again. It then beep again and so forth. Keeps rebooting.

Can it be fixed?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: CRS125-24G-1S-2HND-IN rebooting

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:17 am

I would recommend to reinstall board with Netinstall, if there is no anyway how to get access to it after "Starting Services...".
Netinstall instructions are available here,
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall

Just make sure to set checkbox "Keep Old Configuration", and install 6.27 version on your router.
Let us know about the results.

inquiery
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:13 pm

I will try that when I get home.

Just one question. I have read on other posts that I should export my License before I would try to reinstal with Netinstall, or I could end up losing my license that came with the device. In the example screenshots from the instructions on the link you posted, in the field named "Key", I can read "<use previous key>"; does that means that I can use Netinstall with no worries about losing my license? Or is it really possible that I lose the license?

Because if it would be necessary to export the License before using Netinstall, then I am doomed to lose it, considering I can't access the routerboard neighter with Winbox or SSH.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Netinstall keeps the license for most cases (without additional actions).
Just in case you have problems with license after reinstall, contact support with attached support output file.

inquiery
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi

I'm trying to do a Netinstall. I connected a cable to ether1 directly to my PC, then I plug the energy on holding the RESET button, after some time it displays "ether boot" on the CRS125 LCD, but it is not recognized by the Netinstall utility. I configured my IP address to 10.1.1.10, and enabled Boot server on Netinstall, and on Client IP address field I set to 10.1.1.5.

After some seconds with the message "ether boot" on the LCD, it boots normaly, displaying the message "loading kernel from nand", and it does not appear on Netinstall.

What am I doing wrong?

inquiery
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Ok. I kept trying until it finnaly booted from ethernet into Netinstall mode, and then I installed all packages from 6.27 and now it is working again. The problem is, it didn't kept my configuration, it came up clear. Even my usermanager database is gone. I had a backup, but unfortunately, it is missing some users.

Well, it worked, so I'm kinda relieved. But the problem is, can I trust this RB ? My idea is to put it to work more widely. I want to turn down an old PC I use as a gateway, and I want to use that CRS for that. Why does this happened? Can it happen again or it is really hard for that to happen?

If I constantly have to use Netinstaal and upload backup configurations (and some time lose some users or profiles from usermanager), then it won't be suitable for use. For now, I have like 20 users on it, my idea is to put like 200.