MikroTik App

Valerio5000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

A perfect device for the home

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:38 am

Hello :D ,
I saw that Mikrotik fortunately are upgrading their devices "home" then I would suggest this:

I would be very happy if Mikrotik develop a device like the 951 with dual band maybe with a chance to attack external antennas and a USB 3.0 port for sharing media on TV. It would be a perfect device especially stable and that many clients ask me. In addition perhaps to release a version of WinBox with simple interface to allow configuration to those who are not practical. I know Mikrotik develops professional devices but I think if it came in the domestic market would give a nice show of force to brands such as TP-Link or Netgear. I many friends I provide the routerboard and are all happy about the stability but when they have to fix it all remain still not knowing what to do. Possible? :)

Maybe a 951 with LCD as the current RB2011, would be a dream !! and in my opinion would be a device that would have much success :idea:

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: A perfect device for the home

Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:11 am

I really really really really ..... really really REALLY wish they would make dual-band (or even 5Ghz-only) devices for SOHO use! If they made a dual-band version of the 2011 with the two external antennas like the current model has - I would buy it right now.

I have a 2011UAS-2HnD and I really love it (for the most part).
For some reason, my Apple devices seem to not work as well with it as they do with other vendors' APs.
My HP laptop gets excellent wireless performance out of it.

purana

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:00 pm

I really really really really ..... really really REALLY wish they would make dual-band (or even 5Ghz-only) devices for SOHO use!
I am with you, I want to see more dual-band 2/5Ghz units (and AC units too) that are in a desktop form factor. Not a Ceiling Mount configuration, so I can replace some Apple Wireless gear.

vortex
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:20 pm

I also want to replace my old Airport Extreme and RB2011 with a dual band ac Mikrotik router.

But you should get Paragon to release their commercial HFS+/NTFS Linux driver also for your architecture.

barkas
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

A perfect device for the home

Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:10 pm

The upcoming hap ac seems to be the device to get.