Community discussions

MikroTik App

teemone
just joined
Topic Author

RB750GL Heat Problem

Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:45 pm

I am new to this forum so if my post is not in the correct place, please advise.

I bought RB750GL, 3 months ago and had no troubles with it until now. But since yesterday, it keeps disconnecting. When I checked the device, it was extremely hot. I had to turn it off and let it cool down before turning it back on. Since yesterday I have to keep turning it off every hour or so as otherwise it keeps overheating and hangs.

I have not made any configuration changes. The router os was updated to 6.27 almost 3 weeks ago. In the System/Resources, I see that the CPU usage is 2 to 3% (max at 4% during my observation for a considerable period of time).

Any help fixing the heating/hanging problem will be greatly appreciated.

teemone
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB750GL Heat Problem

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:39 am

Further update: I have been unable to use this RB since the last posting and am forced to switch back to using dlink wifi router without the RB. Even when I keep the RB off for over an hour and it completely cools down, it does not work well for more than 20 minutes before it overheats and stops being responsive. My room temperature is between high 20's and low 30's.

Any help with solving this problem will be most appreciated!