Community discussions

MikroTik App

gandalfek
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with ethernet port on SXT AC and RB912UAG-5HPnD

Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 am

I have a problem with Ethernet port on a few SXT AC 90° and RB912UAG-5HPnD. Connection over ethernet port is lose but link is ok (not down). Wifi part is ok and clients are connected. I have to reboot the device, and then everything is okay for a few days. I tried the version 6.19 and 6.25 and no change. Both routerboard are connected to a port on 250GS or 260GS (1.14). The devices use OSPF, simple firewall and nothing more.

Do you have someone similar problem?

Thanks for reply.

dfroe

Re: Problem with ethernet port on SXT AC and RB912UAG-5HPnD

Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:32 pm

Connection over ethernet port is lose but link is ok (not down).
Hi,
I had exactly the same issue you described once with only one of my RB912UAG-5HPnD. Ethernet suddenly lost connection but worked again for some time after each reboot.
MikroTik support told me to RMA the device.
After I replaced it through my local dealer the new board is now running with the same configuration just perfect without any problems for months.
At least in my case it seemed to be some kind of strange hardware defective.

br
David

gandalfek
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:54 pm

Connection over ethernet port is lose but link is ok (not down).
Hi,
I had exactly the same issue you described once with only one of my RB912UAG-5HPnD. Ethernet suddenly lost connection but worked again for some time after each reboot.
MikroTik support told me to RMA the device.
After I replaced it through my local dealer the new board is now running with the same configuration just perfect without any problems for months.
At least in my case it seemed to be some kind of strange hardware defective.

br
David
OK, thanks. I have on my network more RB912UAG-5HPnD, where first device is 6 months old and second is 2 weeks old. Both devices have the same problem.

I will change devices and send to RMA.

dunker
just joined

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:17 pm

We have same problem. It solved using POE adapter from NS M5, but isnt gigabit :( .