Community discussions

MikroTik App

fitzy89
just joined
Topic Author

RB2011UIAS-RM possible to add wireless?

Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:52 pm

Hi all

I'm new to Routerboard/OS, I've never used it before but was recommended by a colleague and it looks very appealing.

I'm looking at the rackmount unit RB2011UIAS-RM and I would like to know if it will accept a wireless card and if so, is there a list of supported cards? Ideally I am looking for wireless N 300 or 600 as a minimum, possibly faster cards depending on the price.

I'll be using an external antenna and I'm happy to modify the case for antenna connections if necessary as long as the board will accept a wireless module of some kind.

Any advice appreciated.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB2011UIAS-RM possible to add wireless?

Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:16 am

It is not possible. This RB don´t have miniPCIe slot.
You can use this http://routerboard.com/RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN (with integrated wireless) and insert it to rackmount case.

fitzy89
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Thanks honzam, I wasn't sure as I'm ot familiar with the hardware and from the few pictures I could find online it looked like it had a couple of black slots behing the front ports didn't know if it took custom modules or not :) will look into the one you have suggested.

fitzy89
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:05 am

Not sure what's happening to my replies on this forum, I'm sure I posted something earlier but it's disappeared again (my first post above vanished until you replied.

Thanks for your suggestion. Could you possibly point me in the right direction to compatible rackmount enclosures for the model you have suggested? Ideally one that supports the touchscreen too. So far I have only found this one which doesn't have a cutout for the touchscreen: http://www.rowewireless.com/rb2011uas-2 ... d_search=0