Community discussions

MikroTik App

alice
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

802.11ac implementation not suitable for more than one computer yet?

Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:20 pm

The setup:
  • SXT SA5 ac (an ac L4 device), with 6.32-6.33rc10, full supout, basic configuration below
  • Apple MacBook Pro 2015 (the latest Mac OS X, nice to have rich friends)
  • HP ProBook 450 G2 (Win8)
Both notebooks 1 meter from the AP, direct visibility, upright position of both AP and devices.

When I associated the Apple with the AP only, I could reach to 400 Mb/s "real life" speed (a dedicated speedtest server, wired connectivity 1 Gb/s).
With the HP only I got 120 Mb/s.

When both were associated, each of them could reach only 20 Mb/s (i.e. 40 Mb/s total). Not good, but... what's wrong?

btw: with country="czech republic" the notebooks couldn't associate at all.

/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] antenna-gain=10 band=5ghz-onlyac channel-width=20/40/80mhz-Ceee country="etsi 2.4 5.5-5.7" disable-running-check=yes disabled=no distance=indoors frequency=auto \
    frequency-mode=regulatory-domain mode=ap-bridge name=eduroam5ac security-profile=eduroam ssid=eduroam5ac tx-power-mode=all-rates-fixed wireless-protocol=802.11 wmm-support=enabled
add disabled=no mac-address=4E:5E:0C:D6:3A:EA master-interface=eduroam5ac name=simple5ac ssid=osu-simple5ac wds-cost-range=0 wds-default-cost=0

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: 802.11ac implementation not suitable for more than one computer yet?

Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:10 pm

What wireless chipset you were used in the HP?

Try to move the further away from the AP and check again.

For the Czech Republic it might selected the range above 5700 as there is additional range in that country 5735-5865mhz.

In the support output file we don't see any wireless client in the registration table.
Also please enable wireless-cm2 package on the board and upgrade to RouterOs v6.33rc14.

Disable the TKIP encryption in your wireless security profile so only AES is enabled.

Also in the support output file the Log section is empty. Maybe you could check the logs of the device. To what ethernet device the SXT is connected as I see some RX errors in the Ethernet statistics?