Community discussions

MikroTik App

pkulmbrein
just joined
Topic Author

Setting up a WLAN to LAN Bridge on RB951-2n

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:12 pm

Hello all,

I try to setup a WLAN to LAN bridge with the intention to connect a wired device because i have no LAN access in that area.

what i did on my RB951-2n running on Router OS 6.18 was resetting the device to factory def without configuration,
configuring the ethernet ports (Eth1 as master, rest slave to eth1), bringing up the wireless interface in station mode and connect it to my wireless network (motorola/extreme networks), then setup a bridge and adding the two ports (eth1 and wireless). I also get an ip adress from the wireless network via DHCP (set up DHCP Client on wlan and eth1 interface)

Problem know is whenever i try to switch to station bridge mode, the rbs is not connecting to my wifi network anymore, didnt change anything else.

Any idea where the problem could be?

Appreciate your help
Peter

cdiedrich
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Setting up a WLAN to LAN Bridge on RB951-2n

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:33 pm

station-bridge mode requires a MikroTik Access Point providing the WiFi you connect to as this is a MT proprietary feature.
It's not possible with 3rd party APs.
You can use station-pseudobridge instead.

-Chris

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Setup dhcp client on the bridge only and use administrative mac address for the bridge. Also do not use term "wan" in this case as this is just bridge / switch lan extension scenario.

pkulmbrein
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Setting up a WLAN to LAN Bridge on RB951-2n

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:27 am

Hi all,

Thanks very much for your help - switching to pseudo-bridging did help - everything working fine now! :D :D

Cheers,
Peter