Community discussions

MikroTik App

mcx
just joined
Topic Author

capsman2 & WPA EAP w Windows Radius

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:59 am

Hello all!

I've succesfully Setup Miktotik Wireless Security to work with Windows Radius (NPS) for domain (user/pass) authentication before... also did again today to see it actually works as I set it up, all fine... with a standalone AP...

How does it work with capsman controlled APs on a Virtual AP? I can't make it send the request (username password) to the radius server... at all. It's like the info submitted on login gets "lost" somewhere...

I tried every possible combination and even added the radius server info on CAPs (real access points) without success since I thought that maybe the login info was not transferred to the controller as one would expect...

On the net there is really no info apart "set passthrough" or generic info that it doesn't work at all with CAPsMan...

How is CAPsMan even usable without this functionality though?!? It's like the most important thing for any Company/Enterprise that wishes to use Mikrotik for their networks... so it would really shock me to find out that it actually doesn't work at all...

Please help/provide a working configuration...

Thank you!!!

Andreas