Community discussions

MikroTik App

Arcee
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

WISPs: What are you using for Sector Antennas?

Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:12 pm

What are you guys using for sector antennas? I'm hoping to push 300mbps max (total) to 30 odd clients per sector.

Any insight as to what a new WISP should stay away from?

What do you think about RF element's symmetrical (horn) antennas?

What do you think about triple chain antenna (H V V / H H V)? This seems like a good idea for broadcast sectors no?

How to the SXTant sector antennas hold up in the arena? Are they even close to carrier class?

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WISPs: What are you using for Sector Antennas?

Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:58 pm

What are you guys using for sector antennas? I'm hoping to push 300mbps max (total) to 30 odd clients per sector.

Any insight as to what a new WISP should stay away from?

What do you think about RF element's symmetrical (horn) antennas?

What do you think about triple chain antenna (H V V / H H V)? This seems like a good idea for broadcast sectors no?

How to the SXTant sector antennas hold up in the arena? Are they even close to carrier class?
The Horn is 5.1-5.9 but the Mikrotik adapter only covers 5.4-5.8?

In my opinion it easier to label wireless products which use licensed frequencies as "Carrier Class"
but unfortunately wireless devices using license exempt frequencies really cannot be labeled as "Carrier Class"
because "High Availability" cannot always be expected in the frequencies it will operate in?
In telecommunication, a "carrier grade" or "carrier class" refers to a system, or a hardware or software component that is extremely reliable, well tested and proven in its capabilities. Carrier grade systems are tested and engineered to meet or exceed "five nines" high availability standards, and provide very fast fault recovery through redundancy (normally less than 50 milliseconds).

Arcee
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:18 am

Anyone else?

What are you guys using out there... what's tried and proven?

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:25 am

Anyone else?

What are you guys using out there... what's tried and proven?
The simpers are new. So not proven now. I am running a rfelements cc-17. Does well. Has a wide open angle to cover 100 degrees. The new ubnt ac sectors are solid with a very narrow angle and good fb ratio. They have to be carefully aligned. One degree wrong tilt and signal drops.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:24 am

did you see the mANT15s and mANT19s ?