Community discussions

MikroTik App

lakesidebc
just joined
Topic Author

Should be easy one! Little help please,

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:33 am

I have 13 Metal 5Gig radios, 12 for my clients and one for my "base station".

I have 12 "computers" that I need "connected" to my two other servers.

See diagram

This work pretty good, but I get periodic interruptions which I'm thinking may be broadcast storms. I know I haven't configured my gateway on the client radios, because I didn't know what to put there.

Yes, I'm an amateur. Not very knowledgeable. I may have taken the wrong approach.

What mode should I put my base station in and what mode should my clients be in?

I'm using WISP AP and CPE Bridge mode right now. Like I said, it works, but packet storms may be causing me some availability issues.

This is a closed network, no internet etc.. I have the flexibility to change the addressing scheme pretty much as I see fit. I wanted to have the radios on a different subnet, but they don't have to be.

I will be connecting up in a few days with ethereal and see what I can see.

Any helpful comments/suggestions/questions appreciated.

Many thanks!

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Should be easy one! Little help please,

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:26 pm

If the motion controllers don't need to communicate with each other, disable "default forward" on the AP wireless settings.

That will provide you client isolation, i.e. clients can communicate with AP and wired network devices, but not between them, thus creating an isolated L2 segment or broadcast domain between each of them and the AP.

This will solve broadcast storm issues if the cause lies on the motion controllers.

System > logging is your friend for diagnosis...