Community discussions

MikroTik App

killersoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

WPA2 EAP, RADIUS and Userman.. Help required

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:25 am

Hi, I am doing some testing on what should be a basic wireless WPA2 EAP setup. But I am running into an issue with the RADIUS response of ;
radius,debug,packet Reply-Message = "unknown authentication algorithm" which appears to stop me wirelessly login in with my laptop and or mobile phone(test devices). My Aim is to issue a username/password, have those details in Userman and for wireless clients to logon with those user/pass details.
System is RB951-2n (v6.33.1)
I don't understand what the radius,debug,packet means or where I have gone wrong.
Grateful if someone could point me in the right direction..
I have attached winbox pic's of my test config..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nspitzer
just joined

Re: WPA2 EAP, RADIUS and Userman.. Help required

Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:23 pm

That means the EAP client (the PC) is trying to communicate its credentials to the Mikrotik using an EAP algorithm the RB does not understand. What algorithms are available on the client depend on the client and what software may be installed. On Windows it is found on the Security tab in the WiFi connection properties.

killersoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: WPA2 EAP, RADIUS and Userman.. Help required

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:27 am

Thanks nspitzer.

I note that I will need to use an external radius server, rather than using the MT 'userman' package to use encrypted protocols for WPA2-EAP.
Cheers
Greg