Community discussions

MikroTik App

whinis
just joined
Topic Author

Monitor Monthly Bandwidth

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:28 pm

So I am going to be setting up a RB2011 for home use soon and I am trying to figure out the best way of tracking monthly bandwidth usage. I am replacing an old DD-WRT router that had a graph that listed this information that is becoming increasingly more important with data caps. From my reading it seems like I have a few options but I would like to keep it limited to the RB2011 as an outside server would itself use bandwidth and I don't want to setup a server inside just to monitor snmp value.

So there is a function within RouterOS that would allow me to monitor say eth1 for its monthly byte/ bandwidth usage?

kikigak2
just joined

Re: Monitor Monthly Bandwidth

Fri May 19, 2017 7:12 pm

@whinis

We are on the same boat. MikroTik has no plan for this as for thier marketing strategy. For basic features like this bandwidth usage/consumption you need to expend money for thier expert to earn for or like you have to expend money to attend thier training. The money you expend is going also for their family to feed on and their lifestyle. So if you stick here in MikroTik and want the very basic features you have to expend hundred or even thousands of dollars just to get your basic features and most importantly is to FEED THEM $$$. Ask "John Tully" where or how to give your money now.