Community discussions

MikroTik App

didierch
just joined
Topic Author

UDP packet loss within AP in bridge mode

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Hello,

I am facing trouble using the SXT HG5 ac with Mikrotik RouterOS version 6.3.22 configured in AP with one ethernet interface, one bridge and one wireless interface. I am broacasting UDP packets from a server on a LAN (ethernet interface side of the AP) to a mobile device connected to the wifi (wireless interface of the AP). The wireless is configured in 5GHz-A with 36mbps mode (others modes are giving same results).

Using iperf tool, I get between 0% and 1% packet loss in UDP what ever rate I am broacasting (few Kbps to 10Mbps). And indeed when looking in the web interface of the Mikrotik with the three interfaces, I can see that the received bit rate and the packet rate of the ethernet and bridge interfaces are a bit larger than the transmit packet rate of the wireless interface. There are about 2-6 packets difference and with my MTU, this corresponds to the PER reported by iperf. The attached snapshot is showing the problem where 855 p/s and 856 p/s from ethernet but only 851 p/s sent to wireless. Of course this is refreshing every one second, but there is always less packets sent to the wireless.

I tried to configure different rates, I tried to make both ethernet and wireless interface queues large in pfifo mode with few thousands packets long, but I always have this packet loss whatever I am trying. By the way, I tested my iperf configuration on another wifi (not Mikrotik) and i get 0% packet loss.

So it looks that for some reasons some packets are lost inside the AP. Does anybody have any idea or any suggestion to try to solve this problem. Help is very welcome.

Didier
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.