Community discussions

MikroTik App

Almohalla
just joined
Topic Author

A repeater not working with my mikrotik but working fine with another mikrotik network

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:42 pm

I wanna extend my wifi coverage using D-link access point by setting it as repeater .. it just make the signal full without connecting me to my mikrotik routerboard!!
The same repeater working fine with another mikrotik network!
Is there some configuration i need to do on my router ?!!

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: A repeater not working with my mikrotik but working fine with another mikrotik network

Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:57 pm

No Each brand of access point communicates in its own way.
Therefore it is recommended to use the same brands of access points.
Each brand of access point is not compatible with each other in order to act as a repeater.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:11 am

You probably need to replicate the settings (and use the same ros version preferably) from the other network to yours. Maybe silly answer but your question doesn't give any details to which can someone answer...

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: A repeater not working with my mikrotik but working fine with another mikrotik network

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:23 pm

Is the WiFi band of the "other" mikrotik router set to "auto" ? Is set to "802.11" protocol instead of "any" ? What is channell set to ? 20MHz or 20/40MHz ?
Try to exactly replicate all WiFi settings from the "other" router to the "new" one as Jarda have already suggested.

Almohalla
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Thanks all of you guys..
I found out the reason..
Wireless mode of the antenna(nanostation m2) i was going to repeat  was set as Access Point .. so i changed it as  AP-Repeateri forgot to post a reply early sorry for that