MikroTik App

ChildOTK
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

RB921UAGS-5SHPacT-NM as AP

Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Good Day All,

I ordered a RB921UAGS-5SHPacT-NM yesterday but then cancelled the order due to potential issues with the antenna situation.

I am looking to use a RB921UAGS-5SHPacT-NM as a home based access point in conjunction with my RB450G which I have for my core router. Right now I have an EnGenius ECB600 but am experiencing issues with signal and speed. I am trying to cover a 3000sqft house.

I understand the RB921UAGS-5SHPacT-NM is 5GHz only, and with this in mind am considering multiple units to place around the house, but would like to try with 1 unit and some powerful antennas first.

I spoke with a reseller on the phone which let me know that using regular antennas which can screw on the device would work but not properly, and that I needed a dual or triple chain antenna, triple in this case, for it to work properly.

I just found a thread of another user on this forum who used another model in this series with antennas and has reported this working great.

So my question is, can I use regular antennas to screw on to the device and use the RB921UAGS-5SHPacT-NM as a good home based access point for an indoor solution? Perhaps something like this from the following link?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DMJ ... 1_1&sr=8-1

Would using such antennas work well?

Thanks!

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB921UAGS-5SHPacT-NM as AP

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:03 am

baloney. it will work fine. tilt the antennas all different directions to catch the reflections.

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB921UAGS-5SHPacT-NM as AP

Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:44 pm