MikroTik App

rohaantje
just joined
Topic Author

CAPsMAN frequency range feature

Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi,

I've a feature request for CAPsMAN.
I really like the auto frequency options in CAPsMAN for the 2,4ghz range.
But i like it a bit less in the 5ghz range. This is because of the following.

Right now i've a hAP ac lite EU version. This device supports 5150MHz - 5875MHz.
In the netherlands there are several ranges availble.
But it's allowed on a specific range (5470MHz - 5725MHz) to increase the e.i.r.p (max power) to 1W.
I would like to make CAPsMAN find the best channel in that range.

So the request in short is; A option to define a frequency range instead of only 1 frequency.

thanx

solibra
just joined

Re: CAPsMAN frequency range feature

Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:38 am

/caps channel add name=channel_38-48 band=5ghz-a/n/ac frequency=5180-5240 width=20
I absolutely agree. Auto-channel for 5ghz is useless in Europe as it will choose channels that are not supported by client devices (e.g. those that don't support DFS channels).
Please add support for frequency range in CAPsMAN channels!

JavierTF
just joined

Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:58 pm

I was very surprised when I saw that this functionality was not supported. It seems incredible that the only solution to be able to limit the channel assignment range is ... manually assign them one by one ... handle this is crazy in instalations of more than 100 CAP's where good implementation of channel autodistribution saves a lot of work.

I think that this functionality is simply imperative, even more, when the equipment are 5Ghz, where CAPSMAN frequency set to auto mode, will always assign the lowest limiting the transmission power to 17dbm ...

I hope that this functionality will be at least considered and that we can see it in future CAPSMAN updates

Despite this and some other detail, I must say that it seems to me that CAPSMAN is a great tool and that every day improves.

Thank you

Milkthief
just joined

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm

I need that feature, too...
Some smartphones don't support some 5GHz frequencies (>= CH 100), so the "auto" function may choose a smartphone incompatible frequency.
The only possible solution is to lock the frequency, but is not good for interference fighting!