Community discussions

MikroTik App

smash102
Topic Author

RB750GL and CAPSMAN do not work well together

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:12 am

Ok so I have a client that has a RB750GL and he wants to enable wifi roaming. So when I enable CAPSMAN on the RB750GL I start getting the following issues:

- Router randomly reboots.
- CAPs sync bit stop broadcasting their ssid even if specifically configured not to hide in the 750 config or the AP config.
- 192.168.137.0/24 dhcp pool is automatically provided by router after max age is sent out to all attached devices.

I can confirm that static ip devices continue to function normally when the router is not rebooting.

I can also confirm that if manually entering the ssid it will still join correctly, but dynamic join is lost.

In addition, I tried this on 3 750GL I had spare on hand and some spare CAPS and duplicate the same issues. I tried 6 different AP sets so as to eliminate any 1 AP model from doing this.

It appears the RB750GL just can't handle the CAPSMAN function .

Can anyone confirm an odd behavior with this model or the 751 model?

hubtik
just joined

Re: RB750GL and CAPSMAN do not work well together

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Hello,

I think I can confirm weird RB750GL behavior as cap manager (cm v2).

I had really big and weird problems: one cap connected OK, second added - not working, later none of them working.
Finally after many, many resets and router os versions changing (finally ros version was same as at beginning) - everythin g worked.

It was working for pretty much long time, but sadly I'm having some serious issues again.

When I find more time I will describe my problems in details.

I think this topic could be related:
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=100307