Community discussions

MikroTik App

mbaig
just joined
Topic Author

Need to setup multiple wifi SSIDs for RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN router

Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:25 pm

I am new to Mikrotik and just bought RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN but experienced in CISCO networking. I am trying to create multiple SSIDs on my router. Its look like only place I could do this is at wlan1 interface which is build-in wireless interface for this router. I have spent several hours going through examples over last week but couldn’t find any example which match my configuration requirements. I have attached the config from win box. At this point my LAN (Ether1) and my wlan1(wireless) interface is configured as a bridge and my SUNSHINE ssid is working fine. My subnet for SUNSHINE is 10.65.100.193/26. I do see this interface is “no tag”. I had tried this with “no tag” and “..service tag” options but didn’t work. I have masquerading these subnets including vlan10 subnet. Please help me to point to the right direction and step I am missing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mbaig
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Need to setup multiple wifi SSIDs for RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN router

Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:02 am

I got this working now. I had to create bridge for each new VLAN (example vlan10), then I add the new vlan (vlan10) interface and wlan 2 ports in this bridge. Assigned the ip address and dhcp server interface (vlan10) accordingly. Accept the forward traffic in the firewall for new bridge (vlan 10).