Community discussions

MikroTik App

Sdyakov
just joined
Topic Author

Configuration Groove a-52HPn

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:44 am

Hello to all,

I am rather new to the mikrotik at all so i want to contact you all to help me.
I bought Groove a-52HPn with the idea to configure it and to spread the wifi so i can cover 3 floors.With the first attempts with watching numerous video tutorials i managed to configurate it but its range is way too short(about 10-15 meters from the mikrotik).So please it will be nice to receive some help from you dudes.Also it will be great if someone send me the actual config because i got actually no idea what i am doing.

flynno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Configuration Groove a-52HPn

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:43 pm

Hello can you post the configuration you're running at presen

czolo

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:55 pm

Write more about this building and antenna type that you have there? Maybe some photos?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:55 am

Antenna characteristics and its orientation against the clients is the key. Material attenuation and reflections is the second. The client characteristics are important the same like the Ap. May happen that nones config will help you unless you realise that more weak multichain radios spread in the area are much better than one single powerful Ap with narrow beam antenna.

ShayanFiroozi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Hi,

if you are a beginner , let's think about your device : you have 2 interfaces on your device , a wlan1 which has wireless connectivity and ether1 which has cable connectivity.

in normal cases we receive the internet from ether1 with cable and transmit it via wlan1 with wireless.

first we have to know about your internet modem or router configuration , in simple word you have to have internet on your Groove device , after that we will transmit it to wireless users.

so please tell us where and how do you getting internet , draw and send a diagram please.

Besides if your users are not fix and moving around , it's better to use indoor OMNI antenna , which easily attached to your Groove.

i've done the same thing you wanna do , it working 2 years without any problem with 3 floor support , but i used Metal 2 instead of Groove 2 , Metal is much more stronger , but my building is so Maze with large halls !!!

this my Metal 2 wila1 configuration , but there's is much more , bridging.DHCP clients and ..... which picture have not posted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.