Community discussions

MikroTik App

dkjumper
just joined
Topic Author

CapsMAN Dual Band

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi all

I've been trying to configure CapsMAN with dual band.

So far, i've only archieved to create the "wlan1" with 2.4GHz, which works almost all the time (whatever i change in CapsMAN).
One time, i've got a second channel up and running with 5GHz, but at the CAP it stood like a "virtual AP".

If the "HAP ac lite" is configured as a standalone ap, then it automatic creates 2 wlan...
1 with 2.4GHZ (Type: Wireless Atheros AR9300)
1 with 5GHz (Type: Wireless Atheros AR9888)

Is there someone who can guide me (step by step please ;)) as this i driving me crazy

Best regards
Johnny

czolo

Re: CapsMAN Dual Band

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi all
Is there someone who can guide me (step by step please ;)) as this i driving me crazy
Give us some code. Export your config and paste it here.

derr12

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:17 pm

you may need to specify mac addresses in your provisioning for 5ghz radios so that it can provision the radio under the right wireless profiles. Im about to explore this "trouble" myself for a capsman project.

iberium
just joined

Mon May 09, 2016 4:01 pm

I'm very interested in this as well. We are deploying 450 AC units via CAPS, and have only gotten the 2.4 to work so far. When we add the 5ghz radio, it says that the frequency is invalid on the AP's themselves. Right now we just have wlan2 turned off, so we can at least get it in the field.

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 09, 2016 4:11 pm

You need to make different provisioning rules.... you can provision based on protocol... e.g. ac vs b... I can post some config later.

neoprogger
just joined

Tue May 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi,

a working /caps-man provisioning print of my working config:

[admin@CRS125-1] /caps-man provisioning> print
Flags: X - disabled
0 radio-mac=00:00:00:00:00:00 hw-supported-modes=ac identity-regexp="" common-name-regexp="" ip-address-ranges="" action=create-dynamic-enabled master-configuration=blub-5 slave-configurations="" name-format=prefix-identity name-prefix="5G"

1 radio-mac=00:00:00:00:00:00 hw-supported-modes=gn identity-regexp="" common-name-regexp="" ip-address-ranges="" action=create-dynamic-enabled master-configuration=blub slave-configurations="" name-format=prefix-identity name-prefix="2G"

AC capable radios get the configuration "blub-5" (with correct channel/band etc)
G/N capable radios get the configuration "blub"

Interfaces are prefixed "2G/5G" so it can they can be quickly identified

billread
just joined

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:28 am

I was also having this problem (newbie at CAPsMAN). I was poking around every possible place I could find a setting, when I looked at the wAP ac Wireless CAP setting.

/interface wireless cap
[on the access point]

It was there I realized that I had to add BOTH interfaces to the CAP control -- it had defaulted only to wlan1. Added wlan2 and it just worked.