Community discussions

MikroTik App

JoJo
just joined
Topic Author

SXT Lite5 ac in NV2 losing pings

Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:47 am

Hello all,

when we connect a SXT Lite5 ac to any AP in NV2 we lost some packets every 20 seconds. If we configure the AP in nstreme we do not have any problem.

Also, we see that this problem is linked to the recalculation of rx/tx rates of communication between the AP and the antenna. When we notice those cuts, the rates change.

Does anybody has this same problem ?

0ldman
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT Lite5 ac in NV2 losing pings

Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:54 pm

Not running AC, but I've noticed dropped packets in NV2 if the area is noisy.

Doesn't seem to effect TCP, but it does cause problems with UDP traffic.

You can change channels, tune the distance and TDMA timing settings a bit and improve it. Trial and error is really all I can recommend. Each link I've used had different settings to get it actually stable.

JoJo
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:16 pm

This is not caused by noise, as I said, only happens when we are using nv2, not nstreme, and happens either there is there is noise or not. We think it is some kind of incompatibility between the nv2 module of these new sxt ac and the older APs.

0ldman
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:21 am

To be honest I assumed it was noise on my end as another WISP is directly in line with this shot. It may not be noise at all.

I'm running Nstreme at the moment with no issues.

I didn't notice issues on NV2 until after I upgraded from 6.20 to 6.27, though I wasn't paying particularly close attention. There were additional wireless links in line with this one around the same time as the upgrade.

It is an old 802.11a 40MHz link, -60s, was 99% CCQ @ 108Mbps. Now the only way to get 99% is to drop it to 96Mbps.

ShayanFiroozi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi
i personally think nv2 is so fast protocol but not so reliable , nstreme is better and much more reliable , just test it ;)

it's all about TCP and UDP and sometimes CPU or memory weakness on heavy traffics cause packet loss, it's normal , tcp will re-transmit it

paoloaga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:40 pm

Hello all,

when we connect a SXT Lite5 ac to any AP in NV2 we lost some packets every 20 seconds. If we configure the AP in nstreme we do not have any problem.

Also, we see that this problem is linked to the recalculation of rx/tx rates of communication between the AP and the antenna. When we notice those cuts, the rates change.

Does anybody has this same problem ?
I have the same problem with SXT Lite5 AC and QRT ac. Replacing the CPE with a SXT Lite5 or QRT solves the issue.