Community discussions

MikroTik App

lynx649
Topic Author

Mikrotik Router and Point to MultiPoint Problem

Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:43 am

Hello,

I currently have an installation that requires some assistance. The set-up is this.

Main Gateway/Router - Mikrotik 450
3 Point to Multipoint Source Antennas - (Tranzeo)
10 Point to Multipoint Receiver Antennas (Clients to the 3 Source Antennas) - (Tranzeo)
10 Access Points (Ruckus) Connected Hardwired to the 10 Tranzeo Clients Antennas - These AP's serve the guests in each building (10 Buildings)

Problem - When hotspot is enabled, a client will receive the splash page, login using the shared credential, but the active session will be the Tranzeo Client MAC, any subsuquent clients connecting via the Ruckus AP will NOT receive the splash page.

Does anyone know a solution to this? Our old gateway server was configured by someone familiar with the old system and was able to make it so each client received the splash page, but I no longer have access to this person/server.

In a nutshell, I have a point to multipoint system where end users authenticate but instead of their MAC authenticiating via Hotspot, it is authenticating the Multipoint Antenna's MAC.

Cheers,

Derek

kiaunel
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:56 am

Are you using station mode on clients? Use station bridge or station wds instead

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

lynx649
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik Router and Point to MultiPoint Problem

Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:37 pm

Thanks for the help but I was actually able to solve my problem by using Cookie instead of MAC Cookie for hotspot authentication. If anyone else has a problem with a similar setup, that was a solution for us.

Derek