Community discussions

MikroTik App

neodark
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Equipment for link PtP 2 Kms LOS

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi, I need to establish a 2 Kms PtP link between two point with clean visibility.

I need almost 300 Mbps upload and download.

Who´s the better equipment for this throughput (300/300 Mbps).

Thanks!!

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Equipment for link PtP 2 Kms LOS

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:17 pm

I assume 300Mbps TCP? 300Mbps download + 300Mbps Upload? (600Mbps aggregated?) If so, no product in the routerboard lineup will be able to cope with that.

How clean is your spectrum? Is this for home or commercial use?

neodark
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi, yes, 300/300 tcp, spectrum is a bit busy, so much networks around.

It´s for personal use and now we has mounted netmetal 5 and mANT30-PA but I think this equipment is too high for 2 kms LOS...

Now with 80% CCQ the max throughput I get is about 60/20 Mbps with a transparent bridge configuration.

How is the max throughput that I can get with netmetal 5 and mANT30-PA?

With two equipments on each side, one to receive and one to send, I think we can get this throughtput, right?

Regards!!

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:39 pm

That was the same equipment I was going to advise until I noticed the 300+300...

That are rather poor numbers. That equipment is capable of much more, (that is, if spectrum allows)

Something I would try is mounting the mANTs in slant mode, see http://i.mt.lv/routerboard/files/DPA-SL ... 152145.pdf

mANT30 is a very directive antenna, are you sure they are correctly aligned, and not main lobe - secondary lobe or similar? Can you post a Wireless > registration signal tab screenshots?

Using 2 radios on each end on a crowded spectrum would be of no use, a different story would be if spectrum is clean, or if you can allocate two at least 40MHz contiguous "spaces" in seperate areas of the spectrum.

Using high gain antenna is actually an advantage, as the lower you set Tx power, the more SNR you will get as signal is provided by the antenna gain.

If spectrum is so saturated and this were a commercial backhaul, your best bet for 600Mbps aggregated would be going to 10GHz or 24GHz, the PTP being 2km makes that even more suitable, but costs would be rather high for personal use...
Last edited by pukkita on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neodark
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi, this is the registration table, the tx-power I has configured to "all rates fixed" and in the minimum -30db and signal still in -45 db on each side.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Be careful with setting high power levels with all rates fixed mode, should only be used to lower Tx power. What power did you set?

Which wireless package are you using?

Is firmware up to date? (System > Routerboard)

neodark
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi!!

In Wireless - Wlan1 - Advance mode - Tab tx power - All rates fixed - "-30dBm" that it´s the lower tx power that can I use; I tried to lower the TX power for the reason that mANT30 is a bigger dish for only 2 Kilometers Link and I think that -47db is too high level for 2 Km only.

Wireless package is wireless-fp

Yes firmware is up to date, to 3.29

RouterOS 6.34.2 stable

If I try to use NV2 the quality of link and levels goes down dramatically. For that I am trying with nstreme.

Regards!!