MikroTik App

nkourtzis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Kind request: please work on NV2 or otherwise declare it dead

Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:18 am

Dearest Mikrotik devs and execs:

At the time that much development effort obviously (and rightly so) goes into the routing/management features of RouterOS, NV2 development seems stalled. NV2 though could benefit from improvements in some areas, such as throughput, latency control, automatic station power control to avoid interference, station provisioning etc.

I recently upgraded an old NV2 link by placing a NetMetal unit as AP and I saw improvements, but nothing close to what folks who built a similar network with UBNT gear are seeing. Throughput is indeed higher but highly fluctuating. NetMetal (set up as a bridge) periodically stops forwarding traffic and needs rebooting. I am not comparing apples to oranges, but I feel you have neglected the WISP part of your business.

I would really want to have a hint of whether you are still into improving this area of your offerings or not, to plan my future deployments. Will a continuing investment in Mikrotik gear for WISP installations pay off or should we begin buying it only it as a routing solution?