MikroTik App

mdkberry
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

RB912UAG-­‐ 2HPnD CapsMan - increase in CPU and Temperature question

Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:02 am

Hi

I have an RB912UAG-­‐ 2HPnD serving as a stand alone Wireless AP using CapsMan in an office environment with about 15 people on it using both 5ghz and 2ghz radio. RouterOS is vrs 6.33.5 , CapsMan is Vrs 2

The ISP is a 400mbps fibre service connected to an RB2011 using same vrs OS which manages the CapsMan. and I have to say this is my first CapsMan experience and this hardware/software combo is brilliant and fast too.

I have been running it for just over 1 month (bought new) and in the last 10 days it has started to send me notifications. Or rather my PRTG monitor server which uses SMTP to monitor up time, temperature and CPU of the RB912UAG-­‐ 2HPnD has been sending me notifications, and I just wondered if I should be worried by what seems to be increasing CPU reactions and , less obvious but still happening, temperature increase too.

- there has been no increase in usage in that time
- there has been no increase in staff numbers.
- and the CPU incidents occur over the weekend and at night when no one is in the office as much as in business hours and high or low use.
- the blank spot in the graph is where there was a schedule power outage in the building normal shutdown and startup procedure was followed.
- I have restarted the device this morning for the first time since the power outage where this anomaly began, so will see if that helps going into next week.

the graph and logs on the device itself are not showing any issues and the cpu graph on the device has also not picked up the incidents, I guess it is on a 5 minute refresh while the PRTG is 60 seconds.

the below are graphs from the PRTG monitor.
temp.png
cpuload.png
cpu1day.png
any thoughts would be appreciated or others experience with these devices. At what temperature should I be getting concerned and is there a way to drill down and capture what is creating the CPU blips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mdkberry on Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:22 am, edited 8 times in total.

mdkberry
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: RB912UAG-­‐ 2HPnD CapsMan - increase in CPU and Temperature question

Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:05 am

here is the last 24 hour temp graph (I couldnt seem to add any more attachments in the original post for some reason)

this was a day as any other with people in the office from 8am to 5pm so you can see there is some expected temp increase in use but sometimes it tips 70 deg. (In all honesty I dont know if it is Farenheit or Centigrade but its a percentage of 100 on the PRTG monitor SMTP, so thats what I consider, I manually put the C in to the notification system for personal clarity when I see it on the graph)

The aircon is working fine but the unit is not in a server room, just the office and near the main door on a rack. Not anywhere near a temperature source and there is not much in the rack. mostly a cloud based business. Its the big spikes that confuse me and I am not sure at what temperature it would become an issue
temp1day.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.