MikroTik App

hi4ibb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Should i put AP ip and mac in MiroTik ?

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:03 pm

hi all,

i don't know if i needed to do some settings in mikrotik for my AP, should i put AP ip and mac in arp list as static , sould i have to make their ip and mac in binding list as bypass , or no need to do that ?

is there anyone can help me plz ?

ShayanFiroozi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Should i put AP ip and mac in MiroTik ?

Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi,
Sorry your question in not clear , but it seems what you need is Access-list

you can easily add your clients MAC address in Access-list and also disable (uncheck) "Default Authenticate" feature on your AP

after that AP just allow clients who their MAC addresses added by you in AP's Access-list

** Use your clients WLAN Mac address and add them to Access-list , because your AP dealing just with WLAN MAC address not other interfaces MAC address

** Also in some situation it's possible to lost your own connection , if you are not connected via ethernet to your AP , make sure add your own MAC address then disable "Default Authenticate" feature on AP

hi4ibb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:38 pm

Hi,

you can easily add your clients MAC address in Access-list and also disable (uncheck) "Default Authenticate" feature on your AP

after that AP just allow clients who their MAC addresses added by you in AP's Access-list

** Use your clients WLAN Mac address and add them to Access-list , because your AP dealing just with WLAN MAC address not other interfaces MAC address

** Also in some situation it's possible to lost your own connection , if you are not connected via ethernet to your AP , make sure add your own MAC address then disable "Default Authenticate" feature on AP

thanks man

i mean i have 2 switch , the first switch connected with mikrotik RB ( ether6), and the second switch connected with the fist switch and , and all my AP ( 11 AP) connected with switches . so should i have put some setting for my 4 AP in mikrotik .

look at this pic plz , and if you don't mind tell me if it right or wrong
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ShayanFiroozi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:46 am

Hi,

thanks man

i mean i have 2 switch , the first switch connected with mikrotik RB ( ether6), and the second switch connected with the fist switch and , and all my AP ( 11 AP) connected with switches . so should i have put some setting for my 4 AP in mikrotik .

look at this pic plz , and if you don't mind tell me if it right or wrong
I Suggest you to draw your entire network diagram with some software like Visio and post it here then it would be very easy to understand your network architecture

hi4ibb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:23 pm

I Suggest you to draw your entire network diagram with some software like Visio and post it here then it would be very easy to understand your network architecture

okay , thanks man , i will draw it soon

thanks again