Community discussions

MikroTik App

ivicask
Topic Author

Metal 2SHPn bricked after software downgrade

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:17 pm

So, i started having weird wifi perfomance issues with this router, for example youtube on my phone would load long time, pages would take long time to refresh, if u ran Speedtest it would show my full internet speed, but finding best server would take 30 sec!!! So i supsected it may be something bad in latest RC router verison 6.36rc45.So i decide to try downgrade to current branch, and i selected it from packages menu inside router and pressed download&install.After reboot AP keeps on beeping in bootlooop and its not visible via winbox.I tried booting into net install mode, netinstall app sees router, but when i press install to revert back to latest RC software nothing happens and it just hangs like that there without any additinal messages, just install button is greyed out, i can press cancel and install again than i see message offer sent..and it hangs again.I disabled firewall on my pc and also AV, and router was directly pluged into my PC, i also tried sisters laptop, but same issue..

So whats left to try, except RMA it?

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Metal 2SHPn bricked after software downgrade

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Try netinstalling to latest current, 6.34.4

ivicask
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:32 pm

Try netinstalling to latest current, 6.34.4
Ill try, but thats the one that i installed and it caused this semi-brick..

ivicask
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Okay, i managed to revive it with routeros-mipsbe-6.34.4, but again i have same issue as before, i created the most basic setup WIFI, but speeds are bad on clients, YouTube is buffering like on slow link, but when i run speedtest it shows 23MBIT which is my full internet speed, im goging crazy cant figure whats wrong!This AP is connected on port on hex lite, if u plug PC to this port, internet is working perfectly fine, only when going thru AP is showing issues..

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Could you conclude that is actually HTTPs the most affected by this?

Post a wireless > registration screenshot. Enable Tx/Rx CCQ (%) column field (use the leftmost button with a downright pointing triangle at the column bar to enable it)

Are you using this unit with a omni antenna?

ivicask
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:48 pm

Could you conclude that is actually HTTPs the most affected by this?

Post a wireless > registration screenshot. Enable Tx/Rx CCQ (%) column field (use the leftmost button with a downright pointing triangle at the column bar to enable it)

Are you using this unit with a omni antenna?
Standard omni that comes with this model, also i havent changed anything in my enviroment, everything wroked perfect for over half year, until recent days..
tik.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:56 pm

Is its System > Routerboard firmware up to date?

Check its ethernet port (Overall, Tx, Rx, Status) tabs on Interface menu. Check with a different Poe injector. Check the cable.

HTTPs traffic (youtube, gmail, facebook, etc) struggling is usually a sign of Layer2 problems; so far wireless connection from AP to clients seem to be fine.

ivicask
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Is its System > Routerboard firmware up to date?

Check its ethernet port (Overall, Tx, Rx, Status) tabs on Interface menu. Check with a different Poe injector. Check the cable.

HTTPs traffic (youtube, gmail, facebook, etc) struggling is usually a sign of Layer2 problems; so far wireless connection from AP to clients seem to be fine.
There are no errors on interfaces if you mean that
I did bandwidth test between this 2 routers and they hit their max 100mbit, bandwidth in both individual direction test, so i doubt its cable or POE problem, and as i said, if i run speedtest on client device (HTC phone), it shows my max internet bandwith properly (23mbit), so it shouldnt be problem in cable or PoE, right?

Also now i went that far, i took my old Siemens DSL router from provider, and iv put it outside and pluged in same cable 2SHPn was conencted, and now everything works perfectly normal over its WIFI !

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Which wireless package are you using?
Are you using hotspot?
Did you check its firmware?
Last edited by pukkita on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ivicask
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Which wireless package are you using?
Standard wireless-fp

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Try wireless-cm2. did you check firmware?

If problem persists, and giving the history of events you mentioned, I'd generate a supout while problem is happening and send an email to support detailing everything you have done, or referring to this post.

ivicask
Topic Author

Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:49 pm

Try wireless-cm2. did you check firmware?

If problem persists, and giving the history of events you mentioned, I'd generate a supout while problem is happening and send an email to support detailing everything you have done, or referring to this post.
Thanks for all your help, i didint had much more time to play with all, but yesterday i noticed this youtube slowdowns even on my PC, starting to think theres issue with PPOE conenction and MTU size, i know my provider is 1492, but PPOE connection on mikrotik when connects shows 1480(in settings iv set it to 1492), dont understand how it takes this wrong value or how to change it, i already made post with question for this before but nobody answered me..

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105072