Total votes: 4

Insider
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Optional bandwidth setting, 0,5MHz step

Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi,

few years ago in ROS 5.xx, it appeared possibility to set desired channel bandwidth instead of standard 10/20/40MHz channels by setting of custom channel bandwidth in Wireless menu with a step 1 MHz!
This way you was able to make ETSI channel spacing like 7,14,28,56MHz with ,5 centre frequency step.

It is much better possible to coordinate and plan sites and the use those radios for special purposes. unfortunately this function was coded only for chipset 92xx, not any more for 93xx,94xx,95xx chipsets..
There is not possible to make 10MHz channels any more :(

Is there anybody who misses this functionality ?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Optional bandwidth setting, 0,5MHz step

Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Maybe the new chips do not support it?

Insider
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:30 pm

Maybe the new chips do not support it?
I dont think so.. it is SW defined radio. So it is just matter of setting Symbol speed

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:28 am

I would certainly like to see fine control over the radio settings as we also use these devices for amateur radio
where we are not bound to open-access standard channels, but I recall I have read elsewhere (maybe for a
different manufacturer) that often newer chips have less capabilities e.g. because authorities do not like that
they can be used outside the regulations for unlicensed use. (more power, more channels, etc)

Insider
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:19 pm

I would certainly like to see fine control over the radio settings as we also use these devices for amateur radio
where we are not bound to open-access standard channels, but I recall I have read elsewhere (maybe for a
different manufacturer) that often newer chips have less capabilities e.g. because authorities do not like that
they can be used outside the regulations for unlicensed use. (more power, more channels, etc)

There are no rules about channel spacing in 5 GHz, and variability is exactly why the MikroTik rules.. We are missing 5/10/15MHz channels for Camera systems. We do for example MikrotTik based radio links in 9 and 10GHz, 17 GHz, where we prefer ETSI channel bandwidth spacing and then single channel 56MHz channel width.