MikroTik App

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

CAPsMAN Example Configurations...

Mon May 09, 2016 12:44 am

Hey,

So I'm in the process of trying to configure CAPsMAN in an office building.... I'm looking to basically have a pile of dual band access points. Ideally I'd like to have two SSIDs available on each band (Main and Guest). I'm planning to have all of the CAPs talk to CAPsMAN via Layer2. I'm planning to pass all of the Main traffic via local forwarding via VLAN 2 and Guest via local forwarding via VLAN 3. Ideally I'd also like to have multiple channel configurations... such that I can assign the channels logically to avoid sure overlap....

How are people currently handling that?... I don't want to manually create each access point.... so I was thinking about using provisioning rules and REGEX on the identity... something like adding AP1-5GhzCh1-2GhzCh6 or something... so that way I can provision things based on the name....

Does anyone have any good examples of how to set this up?... or other more complex CAPsMAN Setups?

Right now I am having issues getting the VLAN tagging to work.... the provisioning information on the CAPsMAN is indicating VLAN tagging, but the interfaces on the CAP itself say no VLAN tagging....

-Eric

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Re: CAPsMAN Example Configurations...

Mon May 09, 2016 4:32 am

It seems that no matter how I configure the VLANs if I look at the settings on the CAP the interfaces always say "no tag" and "1" despite it showing as "use tag" and "2" on the CAPsMAN.

juanvi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon May 09, 2016 10:58 am

Hi, Not idea about name based and regexp provisioning. I'm using a script for each dual band ap but VLANs working well in local forwarding mode.

Enable LF in campsman and use tag option. This config is not showed locally in CAP but is applied and working. Almost all config showing in wireless interfacein your CAP is dummy info if you access your CAP locally !!! Has sense since It is managed from outside!

I think if you add your your local Gateway interface and vlan interface to the same bridge you are done:
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether1
/interface vlan
add interface=bridge1 name=vlan10 vlan-id=10
If you are setting up hotspot in LF mode too the config will be different and another bridge and vlan setup could be needed.
Hope it helps

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Tue May 10, 2016 2:50 am

What is odd to me is that if you go into the Virtual AP on the CAP there is stuff under the wireless tab that "looks" like it should be filled in... it's just wrong... see image below...

VLAN Mode and VLAN ID theoretically are use tag and 2.... which are shown on the CAPsMAN... but not on the CAP. Seems od to me that the field exists if it doesn't have proper information in it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

juanvi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 10, 2016 11:07 am

I'll try to make you understand it again. You must think in the way the radio is not local (remote device related) anymore. Think the CAP radio is a CAPSMAN router local radio and forbid the CAP showed config.