Community discussions

MikroTik App

jaadu
just joined
Topic Author

CAPsMANv2 - can't ping/see device on same SSID/network connected to different AP

Wed May 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi,

If this is covered in another post, sorry, I couldn't find it.

I am using CAPsMANv2 to control 3 APs with 4 SSIDs/networks on different VLANs/bridges.

One of the networks has a network printer connected wirelessly which can be pinged from the router, but not from some clients connected wirelessly. I am assuming that this is related to a CAPsMAN setting I have missed. I created access rules to allow client to client for the 3 interfaces related to that SSID/VLAN, but still can't connect/ping the printer. I believe this only allows connections with in same AP. What do I need to do to allow them to talk between APs?

Thank you for any thoughts/suggestions,
Al

jaadu
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CAPsMANv2 - can't ping/see device on same SSID/network connected to different AP

Thu May 19, 2016 12:58 am

After more research, I discovered I needed to use http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CA ... rding_Mode.

You'll want to enable 'client to client forwarding' as well, otherwise clients on the same AP won't be able to connect. Also, make sure to create a bridge on each AP, add ether1 and wlan1 to it, and set that as the bridge in Wireless > CAP. Don't forget to move the IP for your AP from ether1 to that bridge.

Cheers,
Al