MikroTik App

CuninganReset
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Groove as station roaming capability.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Hello.
I have a couple of Grooves connected to various AP that are emitting same ssid and same key.
My issue is that the Groove at startup connect to AP1 and after that moves it to AP2 area.

What I found is that Groove keep stuck to AP1 and not roam to the AP2 until signal get really really bad and normal disconnection occur, after that it connect to AP2.

In RouterOS manual say that when in station mode and wireless protocol is set to 802.11 mode it will search periodically for best AP and connect to it, it will search more often if signal get worse.
I have configured wireless protocol to 802.11 as manual say and try several times and minutes and don't see the roaming occur. I had waited more than 30 minutes.

Anyone know exactly how RouterOS manage the roaming as client or how to configure the RouterOS to correctly work the roaming capability it have?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Groove as station roaming capability.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:08 pm

What about to use connect list / access list feature?

CuninganReset
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Groove as station roaming capability.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Hello.

Thanks for your time, i have activated station-roaming and now the Tik search actively for best AP every couple of seconds.
The only problem is when the station is the middle of two AP that are received with the same rssi, in this case the station try to associate to one and later to the other, this lead to a lost of communications.

I am hoping if mikrotik will leave some adjustment capability to the roaming, for example and adjustment of how much different between APs must have to roam from one to other.

For example, adjusted to 10 dB, 10 dB more of signal must lead to station roam but no less.